Forgot My Recklessness

"I see. Then, it can't be helped. But let me tell you, Mr Lee. You will regret this decision." I said and bowed at the man as I went out of the room, on my way to Sei's mansion.

_______________

"Akashi-san, I did not expect you to test me this way" I said, the moment I entered his office. "Skipping the greetings, aren't we?" He said while drinking his coffee. "Oh, excuse me for my behavior. But Akashi-san, I will never yeild with just this" I said and the man looked rather amused.

"Then, show me that you are a perfect bride for my son" he said "That comes without saying sir. No matter what threats you give me, I will never let Sei go" I said "I would be looking forward to your trials. Excuse me." I added as I bowed a bit and left the mansion.

_________________

"Yaaaaaaaaah! Why did I did that?!" I regretted the moment I got home. I wanna break my head the wall, maybe it can function like it used to be.

"Gimme a break!!" I shouted as I walked around my room. "MY HEAD WAS MADE TO MAKE RECKLESS DECISIONS!! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!" I continued but then I noticed mom, dad and Keita outside at my door.

"O-oh. Is it time for dinner?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

The 4 of us went downstairs silently. Urg. I should have kept it cool. "Onee-chan, I am the only guy in the family besides dad, you should rely on me" Keita said. All of a sudden I felt tears building up in the corner of my eyes.

"We heard about the investors" Dad said calmly. He's angry, right? Actually, I don't know. I can't dare to look at him in the eye. I am a disappointment.

"Geez, such a small thing. Don't worry! I know we can get by" he added and that forced me to look at him. "You're not mad because this is happening because of me and Sei? You're not pulling us apart?" I asked and mom just giggled

"Ai, I went through the same experience when your dad asked me out! It's natural between families that manage business" mom said calmly. "I... I really thought..." I said. I don't understand but I feel like a very heavy burden was lifted off me. I feel like I can already fly out of relief.

"Then, for now, all you need to worry about is teaching Keita what you know. Your mom and I can do your job" dad said while wrapping an arm around mom's shoulders.

After Keita's confession, the two of us have been bonding as I teach him all I know about managing the business. It seems like he's fine now though. I wish he finds the girl he will truly love soon.

_________________

It is quite scary that a week has passed since my sudden visit in the mansion and not a single hardship has arrived yet. Every single day that goes by, I get more pressure and scared.

"Ai! Are you listening?" I came back to my senses when a hand was shoved to my face. "Oh, Sei! What is it?" I asked and the RyuNami pair just laughed at me. "Ryu and Hinami has been speaking for like 30 minutes and you ask me 'what is it?'" Sei said.

"S-sorry. I was thinking about something" I said, resting my chin on my palm. Sei stood and pulled my hand as he guide me outside.

He slammed his fist on the wall behind me and I just flinched. He's angry? Why? "H-hey. You're bleeding!" I said as soon as I saw his fist, bleeding just beside my head.

"I can't stand seeing you like this. Look at those shoulders. They're too stiff! Those black spots under your eyes, and how pale you became day after day! Do you think I haven't noticed? Why do you keep disobeying me?! I told you- no, I ordered you to forget it. Why won't you just forget it?!" Sei said, slowly his head resting on my shoulder.

He's worried. I'm his girlfriend but I never noticed his pain when he sees me like this. And it is so not like me to worry. The Ai everyone knows is someone who makes moves before thinking. What's the point in changing now?

I lifted my hands and stroke my boyfriend's hair. "Sorry, Sei. I made you worry. Thanks for making me realize" I whispered and I felt him hug me.

________________

"But ma'am, this is reckless! If this fails, we will lose the whole company!" Mr Mizutani, our secretary said. "I think it is a good idea. This is the only way to solve the budget we would need for one of our projects" Keita said. Yes, he has gained a position in the company.

"Those who are in favor" the CEO asked which was my dad. The majority of the board agreed so it was decided that we will hold a huge fashion show, inviting all of the huge companies in Japan. I also asked Ryota to invite some fashion designers he knows.

________________

"I wanted to invite you personally, Akashi-san. It is a moment where you can see my company fall or rise. I hope you would come" I told Akashi-san after the meeting.

"I will. I wouldn't miss it. Thank you for the invitation, Miss Ayukawa" I bowed at the man and met my boyfriend at the door. He smiled at me and decided to walk me home.

"You really are absolute" I said as we walked.

_______________

Sigh. I finished up my work around 3 am. Some overdued paperworks. more paperwork and reports.

I should discuss the plans for the show with dad. We have 3 days left until the said date. I feel really nervous. I'm the one leading this and if it fails, it would be because of me.

Wait. Are you doubting yourself, Ayukawa Ai? You always find a way out of the mess you make.

Then all of a sudden I remember when Sei punched the wall for me. He looked really angry but I really felt how much he cared. It's surprising how cold he is to everyone but he softens when he's with me.

Kyaaaaaa! I can't stop thinking about him! Brain! Stop thinking!! You're killing me!!

In the end, I never got to sleep. Mom and dad including Keita were just staring at me during breakfast. "Don't worry. I couldn't sleep because I had tests today" I said and the three of them let out a sigh of relief. "The budgets about the-" I continued but Keita cut me off "Dad and I finished it. Don't worry"

"Oh. Thank you" I said as I took a bread and stood from my seat. "I gotta go" I said. "Kiss Seiju-kun for me~" mom teased. "Geez, stop it mom!" I said and ran out of the house.