Chapter 38

-Author's POV-

Trees zipped pas him, his shoulder-length white hair like a sharp razor if it whipped your skin. His shirt spattered with blood. He went from tree, to tree to land to rock to tree over and over. He ran and ran and ran until she said stop. A man rushed after him, not as fast as him, but still fast. Most would tell their children to not run with knifes. But this boy's parents approved of this behavior. The boy kept running and, soon the boy's mother said stop and the boy stopped and slashed at the man running after him. The man dodged but smiled wider.

"Nice job son." He laughed out. The boy turned to the mother, but, something was off. Really off. The boy had no face, like a blank paper. The woman backed up and gasped.

"M-mommy? what's the matter? did...did I do something wrong?" The boy seemed confused and concerned.

The woman woke up with a sharp gasp and looked around the room in a panic. She felt her semi-flat stomach. She looked at the half asleep man next to her and sighed happily. She got dressed in a white, flowing, short dress with shorts under it with a black jacket over it and she walked downstairs. As she came to the stairs the smell of breakfast filled her nose. She ran down the stairs and was hugged tightly by a young boy. She looked down and smiled at her younger brother. She picked him up and carried him to the couch and plopped him onto it, basically dropping the boy safely onto the soft place.

"Young Haya. I have your spot ready if you wish to eat now." A tall man said from the door way. She smiled, gave a quick nod and walked off to go eat. She ate swiftly and informed the tall man that she was going to go 'hunt' for a while. She hurried off to the training area where it mostly all started. She remembered her past training and smiled. She walked past it and to a cliff that looked over the smallest, richest side of the town. She smiled and looked over the view and planned her attack.

-Time skip about half an hour-

She quietly shuffled through what was left of the darkness. She crawled through a house window silently, not even a thud when she landed. She looked for signs of life and smiled when she saw no one in the room with her. She walked to the door quietly, her converes making little to no sound on the carpet floors. She opened the door slowly and creeped out of the empty room. She went into the hallway, down the hall, and into another room where lay a teenage boy, dark brown hair, bright green eyes. He stared at her and smiled hopefully and went back to what he was doing. The woman looked at what he was doing and saw the blood he was spilling.

"Ma'am....please...please put me out of my misery...some how..." The boy begged. He wasn't much older than the girl herself, and she looked around the room and gasped at the small child balled up, scared in the corner. She was about to say something but the boy answered her soon-to-be question, "She...did it again...mom...she...went off the handle again..please miss please help me and her...and if not me then her!" He pointed to his sister and the woman walked to the young child. She picked her up, sat her on the close by chair and then walked to the boy. She bent down and looked closer at what he was doing, "I, I was going to free us both...start on me...then set her free...then finish myself off...but please...help us!" He begged more. She finally spoke.

"Can you keep a secret?"

"Y-yes? why?" he asked curious.

"Then come children. Follow me young man, oh but first, lets fix you up a little." She took out a cloth and cleaned them both up. Once she was done she picked the girl up, grabbed the boys hand and helped them out of the house using the window. They hurried away and the girl sunk close to the woman, almost falling asleep. The boy also stayed close, trusting her. 

"So...ma'am...who are you and why were you in our house?" The boy asked curiously, a bit worried.

"I was going to kill you. But, I can't just leave you there like that. it's not what mothers do." She said plainly, as if it was normal to say. "You will stay with us, you will go to school like normal, and you will not speak of us understood?" She asked him sternly. He nodded happily and also carefully.

-Elloz! So...yes this is short also...but...it's something right? progress? cx anyway, thank you all for sticking with my awful writing and such up till this point. Thank you for pulling through all the bad grammar and spelling...I barely can haha! I, once I finish this book, will go back and fix it all....so. Also might I add...I have  49.4K reads on here as of right now?!?! That is insane!! Thank you so so so much everyone! c: love ya meh little brainz!! <3-