Chapter 14

I woke up , earlier than I have before.

I'm planning to move out , er , temporarily. I needed the time to think this through. I couldn't sleep. It was 2:00 A.M in the morning , seeing Levi still asleep. Slowly , I moved out the bed and started packing my things. I didn't need to change , because I was still in my casual clothes when I tried to sleep. I don't know why I'm doing this , but I'm sure it's right. I brought the things that I thought were essential while I was away.

I know where I'm going. I'm going to my family's cabin in the next town. It was still okay , we used it in the last family reunion , and I had keys. I took a piece of paper and a pen. I wrote down a letter for Levi. I wouldn't want him to call the police.

Levi.

I'm gonna be out for a while. Probably for a week , or month. I need some time alone. I'll be back , when I want to. Don't come looking for me.
(Y/n).

I started leaving. I had pocket money with me , so I went to the bus station . Luckily , there was still a trip in these hours. I got the last trip. The place I'm going to , is 3 hours away. So , this is what it feels like to travel alone. It's.. scary , yet overwhelming.

Why did I hold on? Why did I hold on? Why did I hold on?

———————————————

I'm here. It's already 5:3o A.M.

I went down the bus , and rode a taxi bringing me to our cabin. It was a few minutes away.

I hope what I'm doing is right. It might bring back some memories , but it's worth the risk. Levi's probably going crazy now , maybe he's mad. Who knows? I wouldn't give a damn anymore. I couldn't feel anything anymore. I felt empty , hollow.

Beep.

Levi: Where the hell are you going?!

Levi: WTF (y/n)! What if something happens to you ?!

I didn't reply. Money for the both of us? What does he think i am? A fucking housewife? I can do shit on my own.

Levi: Why aren't you replying?

Levi: Tell me where you are.

Levi: This isn't funny you brat!

Levi: Where are you?!

I feel bad for being like this to Levi , just kidding. I don't. The taxi stopped. I went down and started walking down our wooden path. Our cabin was located in the woods , somewhere no one would find me. I loved the sound of nature here. I didn't feel scared at all. I felt calm.

My eyes met a familiar wooden house. I continued down the path , heading towards the stairs. The cabin had a deck area. The area was spotless , not dirty, That's good. I grabbed my keys from my pocket , opening the door. The atmosphere of the living room welcomed me. My memories flash in my mind , as I see visions of my little family. It made my head hurt. I remembered my mom and dad , sitting in the living room , setting up our christmas tree , and then I saw Francine and I running around.

Francine (L/n) , was my sister. She was my best friend , everything I could've asked for. She loved me , she took care of me. She was with me when my parents died , and that's when we were closer to each other than ever. I only had her and no one else. Then , life decided to take her away from me too. I was devastated. My family was gone. I had to ask my grandmother ,

Why did the best people have to die?

She then answered ,

If you're in a field of flowers , which flowers do you pick?