Chapter 19

When I came back to sleep in the cabin , I found Levi already asleep. So the next morning , we didn't really talk to each other much. Though , I did tell him that I'm going to Mom and Dad's grave , and he asked me if he can come along in the most polite way he could.

---

"Hi mum."

Today was mother's day , and I haven't visited their graves since last year. Levi came along with me and we bought two bouquets of flowers for mom , and for dad. We were both immensely quiet. Like I said before , my parents were buried in the same town where the cabin is located. It only took about a 3-minute drive from the cabin to the cemetery. I'm really disappointed about Francine being buried somewhere else.

And there I stood , talking to my parents' grave , while Levi stood beside me. It's been years since my parents had been gone from this world , and somehow I still wasn't able to get over it.

"Mum , Dad , I really wish you guys were still here. To see me graduate and stuff. I miss you guys a lot." I stopped talking for a while , because my heart throbbed remembering that time when Francine and I attempted to bake a cake for Mom last mother's day. It wasn't good when we tried it out , but mom ate it like it was the yummiest thing she ever tasted ,and finished it without complain.

"Hey mom , remember that time you told me that there were a lot of cute animals in heaven? How are you up there , Mom? Did you get to see cute dogs-" I fell on my knees and cried on her grave. Levi left me to mourn as he looked away. Tears raced down on my eyes as I kept talking to my Mother's grave.

It's weird , when they're alive , you take them for granted. I wasn't able to thank my mum for all her sacrifices , when she still had a soul. When she was able to live life to the fullest. When she was there , to love us unconditionally. Now she's just a lifeless , dead , person like any other in this world. Who knows where she might be now? Is she still with dad? Can she even hear what I'm saying here? Or am I just talking to a decayed body , that's all that's left of her is her rotten bones.

"All three of you must be having a lot of fun , right? It would've been nice if you met Levi. Francine would've kicked his ass if she found out that he asked me to be his girlfriend -" I laughed heartily , yet still crying. Levi stayed quiet , mourning on with me , listening to all the rambling that comes out my dull mouth.

"You know what Mom? One day , I'll be with all of you. Soon , but not now ."

"Tch."

Levi looked away from my direction , stuffing his hands on his pocket. I know I made my promises to Levi , but sooner or later , they'll eventually be broken. It won't be my decision to live or to die in the moment , life will just be there , to decide to take away once my mission was accomplished in this crazy world. I'd accept it greatly , but I can't just leave Levi behind. But what happens if Levi left me first? Will that show how much life hates me?

I stood up , and said my final words to my dead parent's grave , before I said goodbye to them to go back to the cabin.