Chapter 41

"alright!! we're here!!" hanji exclaimed, hopping out of the car.

they were at the sand dunes. yes, sand dunes. there were 4x4 trucks going up and down the steep slopes of sand, and , naturally , screams everywhere. both levi and (y/n) didn't look too excited.

"what's with the faces? cheer up!" hanji then remembered yesterday's events. "ah, forget what i said , let the thrill bring out your screams! or you know, if you're bottling it up inside , you can let it out here, or something—"

"thanks hanji." (y/n) softly smiled. richie was standing timidly next to hanji, with her hands behind her back. she kept looking down, and (y/n) wondered what made her drop her confidence all of a sudden.

"this is stupid." levi thought loudly, and everyone just ignored his comment. hanji has no time for negativity today.

"sasha! how's the business going?"

"m-miss hanji! it's delici- i mean good! i haven't been eating any of the food i promise!" sasha stood properly. her eyes then averted to levi and (y/n).  "(y/n)!!" she didn't even bother to mention levi. "how have you been?!?! i haven't seen you since graduation!"

(y/n)'s eyes lit up, seeing the food-obsessed girl. "sasha! i - i've been great. how about you? i didn't think you'd find a job all the way here."

"oh—! remember jonathan from highschool? one of the guys that had a crush on you? he offered me this job not too long ago! he's in the kitchen right now. i'm stuck with the cashier job because i'm banned from the kitchen.." sasha laughed awkwardly. hanji was already at the next cottage talking to a few employees as if they were here friends. richie came with her.

"you don't have to mention he had a crush on me you know.." (y/n) mumbled.

"hm. so just how many boys had a crush on you?" levi asked , smirking. he leaned on the counter , crossing his arms with a smug look on his face. (y/n) sneered at him, but sasha jumped up , excited to tell levi (y/n)'s highschool life.

"(y/n) was a heartthrob! so many guys had a crush on her! the smartest ones, the handsome ones, her seniors, they were crazy for her!" levi raised a brow.

"they were not crazy for me." (y/n) interrupted.

"why do you think millius cried when sir jefferson mentioned your name?"

"that didn—"

"or when nack skipped class just to visit you in your classroom to give you your pencil case, that he stole, so he can have a reason to talk to you?"

"what—"

"oh and when laurence bought you a novel, and made you a wand, and let you borrow his barry potter robes — that he wouldn't let anyone else wear — hah!"

"it's harry potter.." she mumbled.

"and you know what the funniest part is — she rejected all of those boys and dated jean just so they can't get near her anymore! everyone at school wondered why , out of all the boys in that school she chose a horse — hahahHAHAHAHHA!"

"and everyone at school hated him. saying he didn't deserve me, or that he sucked." (y/n) whispered sadly.

"ah- yeah, sorry about that. you're pretty lucky levi. you're dating a highschool heartthrob!"

"i didn't get her through luck." levi said.

across the cottage , hanji was waving her arms frantically trying to get their attention, calling them to hop on the truck with her. "you guys should hold on tight. it's a very bumpy ride!" sasha said.

"you guys ready!?" hanji screamed. she guided them to the back of the truck, where they will stand and hold on while the truck goes down the slopes. hanji went to seat inside the car because she's been on this ride 'too many times'.

(if you dont get the concept, here's a picture.)

"h-hanji are you sure this is safe?!" (y/n) asked holding on tightly

"only if you hold on tightly!" hanji snickered, telling the driver to go fast. levi looked even more pissed, and he doesn't know why.

"this isn't so bad.." she exhaled.

"that's because we haven't reached the slopes yet, idiot." levi stated , looking as if he had better use of his time.

"pfft. wait—"

"what the fuck—"

the driver was , in a very quick pace, reverse driving towards the edge of a cliff.