"I bet Jacob ate my sandwich again"

“That’ll be $2.30 please” the really annoying blonde girl said smirking at Tristan battering her eyelashes from behind the counter. She could clearly see that his arm was around me, and the fact we both had wedding rings on but the hoe couldn’t give a damn, I was seriously about to grab my coffee and throw it in her heavily made up face. I mean seriously, this chick could give the Joker a run for his money with how much she was wearing and she was only working at Starbucks. I glared at her as I handed over the money but she was too busy checking out my husband who was just smirking at me. Asshole.

“Your coffee will be at the end. By the way, I get off my break in half an hour” the hoebag winked at my husband and cocked her head to the storage room. Okay, I do not share food, let alone my husband. I opened my mouth to give this hooker in training a piece of Mia’s ass kicking but Tristan beat me to it.

“That’s a real shame because I’m going to be on a plane in half an hour going away with my wife and be able to have sex without contracting any STDs like I would from you, but thanks for the offer” he winked at her and dragged me to the end of the bar, leaving her gobsmacked.

“You are spending way too much time with me” I commented grabbing my coffee and headed over to the condiments table “but I love it” I smiled and pecked him gently. “Thank you though, seriously, I was seconds away from ramming my passport into her mouth and choking her” I added a dash of milk and a sugar, stirred my coffee then placed the lid back on. Tristan’s hand interlinked with my free one as we walked out.

“I know, that’s why I intervened, plus I was getting pissed at her thoughts.” He shuddered “that girl is into weird stuff.”

“LALALALA” I yelled loudly “I really don’t want to hear” he laughed and kissed the side of my head. We headed over to the gate and boarded the plane into first class. My family were all there waiting for the plane to set off. We were finally getting out of Italy after a long week of just waiting for the flight. We had decided to move to Portland, Oregon for a complete fresh start after what happened in Italy where no-one would know us.

The whole flight I spent reading The Fault in Our Stars and my soul had been crushed by the time we arrived at the airport, I now have a love/hate relationship with John Green.

“Are you okay?” Tristan asked me taking my bag off the conveyor belt.

“Don’t say that word!”

“What? Okay?”

“Stop saying it!” I practically yelled at him “I’m still in mourning.”

He rolled his eyes “Mia, it’s a book character.”

“And you’re my husband. Doesn’t mean I don’t love Gus any less just because he’s fiction.” I smiled.

“So you’d choose a fictional character over me?”

“Any day.”

“I feel loved.” Tristan rolled his eyes but kissed me gently, I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Come on lovebirds” Emmet said pushing me “let’s go see our new home!”

I rolled my eyes and followed the rest of my family who were putting their bags into 3 cars, it was about 4 AM and I was literally sleep walking I was so tired, it was awful. I got into one of the cars, not caring who was driving and laid across the 3 seats in the back. A few minutes later, I felt my head being lift up and placed onto someone’s lap, and by the feel of the wedding ring which was resting against my forehead, it was Tristan.

----

“Hey sleepyhead, wake up.” Tristan murmured kissing my temple. I groaned and squinted my eyes open, dawn was just breaking through. I got out of the car and stretched and looked at our new home. For once, we were actually in a large neighbourhood which was obviously for the rich. Our house had brick walls which looked a little old but we obviously knew it had been recently built, a lot of windows around the house, 3 floors and it even had a porch swing in the front.