{14}

"Mia Cullen speaking and you better have a good reason for waking me up so god damn freaking early" I groaned into my phone

"Mia Cullen speaking and you better have a good reason for waking me up so god damn freaking early" I groaned into my phone. Why do people always feel the need to talk to me when i'm asleep? It's like they know when I'm sleeping and want to ruin my dreams about being married to James Franco or something.

"Can't a father check in on his daughter?" I heard Carlisle's cheery voice and immediately shot up out of bed, grinning as I headed into the kitchen to grab myself a cup of coffee.

"Hey Dad, how's everything?"

"I'm just grateful you answer your phone sweetheart, Edward has ignored all of my calls."

I grimaced, after we left Forks four months ago Edward kinda fell of the wagon and decided to be the ominous loser that he is and cut all contact off with everyone, well everyone except me. I think he feels guilty about me leaving Tristan behind because of the whole Bella situation.

"I called him a couple of days ago, he's currently in Rio right now sulking his life away" I poured coffee into my mug and headed out onto the balcony, the smell of the ocean and the beach filled my nostrils as I took a sip "he's struggling, badly. He just feels guilty."

"Well I wish he would call, all we want is to support him. How are you doing? How's your retreat in Florida?"

"Currently stood on my balcony over the beach, you know life could be worse" I grinned, unlike Edward I didn't leave my family, but occasionally I went away for a few days. Mainly because I would be missing Tristan and I couldn't bare to see their guilt ridden faces, especially Jasper who still continuously blames himself for what happens. It's just easier if I stay a few days alone. "My flight home leaves tonight at 7 so will somebody be able to come and get me?"

"I'll have Emmett come and pick you up from the airport, have a safe journey and i'll see you soon."

"Bye Dad, love you"

"Love you too Mia, have a good flight". I hung up and ran my fingers through my hair. It's been four months since we left Forks. The day after we left I had to change my number, email everything. Both Bella and especially Tristan wouldn't accept that we had gone. It was heartbreaking. I got practically 80 calls and texts a day which led me to change my number. It would make it easier for him to move on and forget me.

I headed back into my small apartment and started to pack. This was the longest I've been away from my family since we left, I'd stayed here two weeks simply because it was mine and Tristan's anniversary a few days ago and I needed more time to grieve before I headed home. I didn't want to make Jasper feel worse than he already does. After Forks, we stayed in Alaska for a while but then we all moved to North Dakota, well apart from Edward. He stayed for three days and then went on his own, which kind off annoyed me I wasn't going to lie. I was in love with someone I had to leave behind as well, but I soon realized that like Jasper, Edward felt that it was his fault we had to move so he needed time to be alone as well. But he hasn't been home in months and my family were starting to worry.