{04}

"Praise the lord! It's Friday!" I cheered, grabbing a mug of coffee of the kitchen table that Esme had made me

"Praise the lord! It's Friday!" I cheered, grabbing a mug of coffee of the kitchen table that Esme had made me. I was wearing a long sleeved black and white pinstripe top with a high wasted black skater skirt with a simple plain brown belt. I wore black stockings and my brown hair was in a big messy bun with a black bandana wrapped around my head. I had my usual make-up on.

"Also it's your date tonight." Alice winked "excited?"

"Eh, a little. I'm not expecting much, I mean, he is human and you know, we like to literally eat them."

"Yeah yeah." Alice rolled her eyes "what are you wearing?"

I laughed, trust Alice worry about what I'm wearing when I could be risking our biggest secret. And no, it wasn't that Edward uses hairspray, the secret where my family are a coven of vegetarian vampires.

"Trust you to worry about clothing when she could be risking everything." Jasper smirked, kissing Alice gently.

I raised my cup as a salute to him "It's like you read my mind, are you sure you're the empath in this family? Cause Edward sure knows how to make a whole room change mood."

He laughed and grabbed his keys.

"You're riding with me and Alice today. Come on, we're going to be late." I nodded and finished the rest of my coffee and headed into the garage after them. I climbed in the backseat and Jasper drove off, Alice's hand in his whilst the other was steering the car.

We pulled up at the high school 10 minutes later, I saw Tristan leaning against the wall talking to a couple of other guys and his friends he usually sits with. As soon as our car pulled up, he smiled and headed over slowly. I got out and met him half way like we had been doing the past few days since I've been at Forks.

"Mia Cullen do you even dress weather appropriate?" Tristan asked me grinning looking me up at down.

"What can I say? I have really good circulation." Now that wasn't a total lie, especially compared to my family since they had none. You know, cause they're dead.

"I'm sure" he smiled softly "still on for tonight? I'm not gonna get a text later am I saying your dog died or something."

"Tristan do you even know me?" I asked giving him a shocked look "I clearly wouldn't use that lame excuse, more like my fish caught rabies." He laughed loudly and grinned, he opened his mouth to say something but the bell went off, signalling to head to class. "Ah, saved by the bell, catch you later Hart." I smiled waving, then followed Jasper to History class. We managed to convince the teacher to let us sit together so I could help him when his thirst got too much. We sat down and I grabbed my binder out my bag.

"Are you sure about seeing this human tonight Mia." Jasper muttered quietly to me. "You know you can't get too close."

"Jasper don't worry, it's just one date. Besides, worst case scenario we kill him and eat his body" I shrugged which in return gained me a glare from my brother. "I was joking sheesh lighten up, you don't wanna replace Edward as the boring brother do you?"