{16}

Arriving at Washington was hard

Arriving at Washington was hard. It felt like we had never left, and Alice speeding past the "Welcome to Forks" sign, well my heart broke a little. It's weird how a little insignificant town can make so much impact on my life. And trust me, I've lived for a long time, making an impact on my life is very hard. Especially when I got to see Emmett jump off the Empire State Building half naked cause I dared him too.

"I haven't seen anything else" Alice said worryingly "I just see Bella in the water and it goes blank, I can't see past that point. I'm getting worried Mia what if we're too late."

"Calm down" I commanded "Bella will be fine, where did you see her jump?"

"It looked like a cliff, but it seems to be on the quileute land so even if were not too late, we're not allowed to trespass on their land."

"We'll figure something out don't worry we always do. Where are we staying, our old house?"

"Yeah, Esme gave me the keys so if we have to stay, at least we don't have to check into a hotel where everybody would see us again, the last thing we need is the town talking about our imminent return especially with Trist-" she went quiet. I nodded, turning my head away from her looking outside the window. As much as I wanted to go see him again, I couldn't risk him seeing me. I knew if he saw me he'd have questions and we didn't have the time to give him answers.

We eventually pulled up to Bella's house. Neither her truck or Charlie's police car was there. Panic seeped through me and I could feel Alice's tension. She was panicking. This was bad this was very very bad.

"Come on" Alice said getting out of the car "we need to get inside the house, see if there's anything we can find." I nodded and followed Alice, we jumped quietly onto the roof and entered the house through Charlie's bedroom window which was open. The house was dark but we could see perfectly.

"I'm going to check downstairs" Alice quietly muttered "you check Bella's room, see if there's anything you can see to explain why." I headed into Bella's room, it was pretty much the same since the last time I saw it when i went to drop her prom dress off. Her laptop was open and a little light was flashing showing me it was on standby, I bent over and lightly pressed it. Her laptop's bright light filled the room. I clicked on her email on her desktop, there wasn't much in her actual inbox, just a few from friends and her Mom.

I clicked on the drafts, it seemed she had a lot in there. My eyes widened when I saw the hundreds of emails she attempted to send to Edward but he blocked her so they never went through. There was so many, I read through a few. Mostly her begging him to come back, begging us all to come back. My heat broke when I realized Tristan did the same thing. I turned her laptop back off and continued looking. I looked under her bed and found a scrapbook, the same on which she was using when we last left! I looked through it, there was pictures of all of us, the corners had been creased which showed she was still looking at these recently. She never got over Edward. Is this why she jumped? Because she realized we were never coming back.