{17}

"I know this really isn't the time and everything but Alice, I'm pretty sure we just committed a felon cause you know, cause of the whole stolen car thing

"I know this really isn't the time and everything but Alice, I'm pretty sure we just committed a felon cause you know, cause of the whole stolen car thing." I grinned as Alice sped through the Italian countryside towards Volterra. Before we boarded the plane to Italy, I called my family in North Dakota to let them know what had happened, they agreed to meet us all in Forks because they would never make it to Italy on time.

"Yeah well, I didn't think anyone would be opposed to GTA" she smirked and turned sharply causing me to fly around the back seat "and will you put your seat belt on we really don't need you taking a visit to the hospital right now."

"Say's you" I snorted clicking my seat belt in "you never know there could be an Italian version of Derek Sheppard out of Grey's Anatomy." Alice didn't respond and went silent.

"What, what do you see?" Bella demanded looking at Alice, I could hear her heart pounding in my ears, she was scared and worried for Edward. When we get out of this, I'm so gonna kick his ass and make me buy McDonald's for a month.

"They refused him" Alice's voice was both filled with surprise and relief.

"So?" Bella asked confused.

"It means he's going to make a scene, show himself to the humans" I sighed leaning back into my seat, Edward was always one for the dramatics. Maybe all that hairspray he wears has finally seeped into and killed his brain cells.

"No! when?"

"At noon when's the suns highest, underneath the clock tower." Alice concluded "there's Volterra" she muttered looking to her left and soon enough, I saw the old brick walls on top of the hill. Alice's foot pressed down on the accelerator and we sped into the city streets, only to be slowed down by hundreds of humans walking in red cloaks.

"Why are the all in red?" Bella stressed, her hands gripping her hair tightly.

"It's Saint Marco Day festival, they're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city, it's the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself."

"Five minutes" Bella gasped looking at the clock on the dashboard.

"Bella, just breathe" Alice begged, it wouldn't help anyone if Bella went into meltdown, I started to feel on edge myself. Alice repeatedly beeped the car horn to try and get people to move out of the cars way faster, but soon enough we got flagged down by security guards who pulled Alice and us over. Bella undid her seat belt, jumped out of the car and turned to us.

"Bella you have to go you're the only one he can't hear coming, he can hear both mine and Mia's thoughts he'll think were lying and he'll rush into it." Alice begged, Bella looked stressed and panicked but nodded then sped off into the sea of red coats. Alice quickly put the vehicle into reverse and reversed back down a back alley way, attempting to find another way to the center.