{05}

Time flies when you're having fun

Time flies when you're having fun. And the fact you're immortal. We've been in Forks for just over a year now It's only been sunny a few times but my skin doesn't show as much as my family, I just have a sort of glow so I have to attend school solo sometimes. This means I have to sit at the table with Tristan and all his friends since he refuses to sit at the Cullen table because he doesn't want to look like a loner.

The assbutt.

After arguing with my family for months, including having several rock, paper, scissors fights with Emmett, I was allowed to tell Tristan what I was and what my family were. Don't get me wrong, it was a risk. But things between us had gotten serious and there were only so many times I had to pretend that the red stuff on my shirt was wine without looking like I was an alcoholic.

I arrived at school with Emmett, Jasper and Rose in Emmett's jeep. I hopped out and met Tristan at his car, he smiled and kissed me softly.

"Hey, you heard?"

"Heard what? That I beat Emmett at scrabble and he's still salty about it?"

"Jerkface is a word." Emmett grumbled storming past us causing us to grin.

"Nah, but that would have been funny to watch. There's a new girl who started, Bella Swan. Chief Swan's daughter."

"Cool. You know what else is interesting? Do you think the person who invented peanut butter cups knew that they could be the sole cause of diabetes?" Tristan rolled his eyes and put his arm around me as he walked into school, used to my random questioning as we head to math. The whole school was abuzz with talk of this Bella Swan, you'd think the Queen personally came over from England and knighted her the way people talked about her.

"Sheesh did people talk about me this much when I started?" I asked putting books in my locker. Tristan was leaning against his and shrugged.

"You got talked about more. Not often a family who looks like they just came from New York Fashion Week moves to town."

"Yeah, comes with the perk of constantly being thirsty for human blood. And living with Edward and his hair products." Speaking of the damn devil, Edward was practically running down the hallway to me, his eyes were black and smouldering and his expression on his face looked like he just killed a puppy. He grabbed me by the arm and dragged me into the men's room, Tristan quickly following. A guy looked us up and down, did his pants up and quickly ran out. Edward checked the stalls and took a deep breath, then rested on the sink.

"Edward what the hell? You don't just drag me into the dudes bathroom! It smells weird in here, like something died."

Edward looked at Tristan "could you stay guard outside please? I need to talk to her."

"What in the bathroom?" I frowned but Tristan nodded anyway kissed my forehead and headed out. I rolled my eyes and my brother's dramatic behaviour.