{26}

"Sweetheart, you need to hunt" Carlisle said softly placing his hand on my shoulder

"Sweetheart, you need to hunt" Carlisle said softly placing his hand on my shoulder. I shook my head firmly, not even looking at him, keeping my eyes on the person in the bed hooked up to machines "it's been days Mia, you can take a break."

"No" I croaked "I, I , I can't get in touch with this parents because they're at the cabin in Canada and if he wakes up while I'm gone he's going to be all alone and scared and not know so I need to stay here for when he wakes up and he'll know that, that he's not alone" I could feel myself shake as I rambled. I reached forward and gripped Tristan's hand in my own tightly. It was so cold and lifeless. I heard Carlisle sigh as he bent down to look at me.

"Amelia, he is in a coma. You need to understand, he may never wake up."

"Don't say that" I snarled at him "you said there was a chance."

"Yes sweetheart, I also said it was a very low chance. Part of his skull was completely smashed, he's had significant trauma to the head. Even if he does wake up" I snarled again "Mia he's going to have some severe brain damage."

"But he cant" I cried "he just cant. He was driving over, he, he was just coming to see me."

"I know, I know." Carlisle murmured softly pulling me into his arms "I'm so sorry Mia. I'm going to go and try and call his parents and then I'm going to call Jasper okay and he can take you hunting. You can even come straight back, but please go feed." Carlisle said standing up and headed out the room.

I hadn't left the hospital in six days. Carlisle managed to convince the nurses to let me stay even though I wasn't family so they had a cot they reserved for parents wheeled in so I could stay in the room. When Tristan was driving my car back; a wolf, a new wolf had phased for the first time and ran out into the road in confusion causing Tristan to swerve off the road and down the steep hills by my house. My car rolled over at least a dozen times causing the roof to cave in and damage his head. He also had three broken ribs, a fractured collarbone, a broken ankle and several broken fingers. His spine may have been damaged but they weren't sure because he's in a coma. It was medically induced at first to let the brain swelling go down, but he still hasn't awoken. If the pack hadn't of been following the new wolf, he probably would have died in the car.

I pulled his cold hand up and pulled it to my mouth kissing it gently, letting tears fall.

"Please" I croaked "please don't leave me. I need you here, with me. You can't just go now everything's finally okay. You need to go to college, your mom is waiting" I cried gently looking at him. He had numerous wires going into his body, included a ventilator which was allowing him to breathe "you need to wake up now. You need to come back okay? You promised we wouldn't be apart. I'm sorry I left. I'm so sorry I didn't fight hard enough when my family left and we didn't have that time together but you need to come back so I can make that up to you please" I begged quietly "please."

"Mia" I heard Jasper's voice enter the room and I turned to look at him, his face full of grief "come on, you need to feed."

"But I can't leave him on his own." I croaked as jasper walked over to me.