{19}

The first thing I realized when I awoke from my induced sleep was that I was being carried, the second thing I realized was that I was being carried by the asshole who thought it would be okay to play wack-a-mole but with my head being the mole an...

The first thing I realized when I awoke from my induced sleep was that I was being carried, the second thing I realized was that I was being carried by the asshole who thought it would be okay to play wack-a-mole but with my head being the mole and their hand being the hammer. I tried not to groan in pain as he walked slowly and breathed slowly as if I was asleep. I couldn't even open my eyes to see where I was, I didn't know what time it was or how long I had been unconscious for. What I did know is that my head felt like it had been bashed against a brick wall.

Oh wait it had.

I was suddenly dropped onto the floor, I groaned in pain as my whole body throbbed, my eyesight fading with the pounding in my head getting worse. I opened my eyes to find myself in a dark, damp room. As my eyesight adjusted to the darkness, I could see we were in an abandoned cellar of a building, looks like a gas station basement. I could hear multiple voices upstairs, but no heartbeats. It became very clear that this was a vampire nest, probably newborns and I have been taken right in the middle of it.

"You're awake, good. She'll be here soon." A male voice flooded the room, it was high-pitched and melodic, a vampire for sure. I turned to look at him and the familiar gleam of red eyes were looking at me. He had short ash blonde hair, medium height and build. I felt as if I recognized his face but I couldn't place a name.

"Who's she the cats mother?" I grumbled and received a sharp kick in the ribs as a response, I gasped as I felt it snap "well this certainly isn't gracious hosting now is it, I haven't been offered a cup of tea."

"Would you like tea?"

"Not really."

"Good" another kick to the ribs leaving me to groan "we just ran out."

"Just not my luck today is it." I said through gritted teeth.

"You're funny, I like that. I hope she doesn't kill you" the guy bent down to face me and brushed a piece of hair out of my face. I moved away and bit my tongue to stop me from snarling at him. It was clear he didn't know I was half vampire and I was going to keep it that way, it gives me a chance. "What's your name?"

"What's yours?" I retorted, already feeling my ribs begin to heal put I clutched it and pretended to have labored breathing as if I was in pain. I looked around the room to see a staircase less than two hundred meters away from me, if I could get to there, I can get upstairs- and just hopefully miss the room full of newborn vampires. Someone had clearly created all of them for a reason.

"Ah ah ah, I asked you first" he grinned, his red eyes glinting sadistically.

"Imogene" I fake gasped "Imogene Barker, now you tell me yours, since you know, kidnapped me and are probably going to kill me."

"Oh I'm not gonna kill you sweetheart oh no" he tutted moving back over to me and stroked my hair, I could feel anger pulsing through my veins "you're going to join us, you're going to join our army."