Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Rydel's POV

I heard yelling from upstairs, and I was in the kitchen so I was a little curious. Who's home right now? I walked out the kitchen door to see Laura run down the stairs followed by Ross.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked but never got an answer. Laura didn't even look at me. She ran straight to the door.

Ross followed her out the door and I followed them.

Laura ran to the side walk and turned right to a busy road. We continued to chase her. She stopped at the side of the road. All you could her was the sounds of cars rushing by. That's when a navy blue SUV swerved around the corner and was nearly inches away.

"Laura, watch out!" I yelled

She quickly turned her head towards me. Her face was blank. No emotions what so ever.

As it gets closer, so does Ross. Just as it passes he pulls Laura close to his chest. Letting the SUV pass by in a loud honk.

I'm tired I can no longer run. I stopped on the side while holding my knees, trying to catch my breath. Then and there, only one thing crossed my mind

Laura could be unconcsious.

Laura's POV

Ross saved my life.

Ross. Saved. My. Life.

He saved my life. I could have been dead if he didn't pull me off the road. I realized I was still in his arms. I can still feel his tight grip on my arm, pulling me closer.

"You should be careful, wouldn't want a pretty girl like you getting hurt."