Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Laura's POV

It's been exactly 1 week since Ross has left. I've been hanging out with Rydel a lot. She's really sweet, just like I remember. We've been shopping, going to the pool, movies, having sleepovers. Technically everything we usually do during summer. Well, without Ross of course. We continue to video chat and text.

Weeks past, which soon turns to months. I still really miss Ross, but tommorrow ... I'm going to visit him! I'm so excited! I just finished packing and said my goodbyes. Puerto Rico, here I come.

I was now on a private jet to Puerto Rico. The last time I talked to him he insisted that I flew over as soon as possible. I was peacefully sitting on the comfortable seat behind the pilot.

"We will be landing *cough* in two hours.

"Thanks" I replied.

I put in my earphones and started going through my music library. I kept scrolling down until I found the song I've been obsessed with: Roar by Katy Perry. I put it on repeat and closed my eyes.

Five minutes later, I felt the plane shake. "Ow!" I bumped my head on the window. The plane kept shaking from left to right. What's going on? I carefully walk towards the pilot. I finally made it to the front and a saw the pilot trying to catch his breath. "Are you okay?" I didn't get an answer. He slowly repositioned himself and just when I thought everything was okay. His head fell backward and eyes shut. His face was pale and blotchy. Something's wrong here. Another sudden shake sends me back to hit the chair behind.

I had to do something. I hold on the chairs as I slowly walk towards the front of the plane. I finally reach the pilot. I find a position that wouldn't send me flying back. I lean down and place my head on his chest to hear no beating heart. What?! He's dead?! This can't be! I look around to see if there was any possible solution. The plane is gradually shaking faster. I grabbed the transmitter.

"Hello? Can anyone hear me? This is uh ... flight 342? There is a pilot that is dead! Help!" I yell at the transmitter. "Hello?" I suddenly felt the plane slowly swerve down. "Help! The plane is going down!" I looked around for a parachute. I quickly tried to loosen it from the hook. It wouldn't budge. In a matter of seconds, the plane crashes into lush green grass. By now, my body was filled with cuts and bruises. I saw the poor pilot lay there dead. That could be me next. I knew then, I couldn't be any more wrong.

I was flung across the plane. My head hit the cold, hard floor as I can feel the very first drop of blood ooze out of me.