Chapter 28

Hello! How is everyone?

Well, here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

Xx
😜

Chapter 28

I looked up through the window. I could see the sun slowly disappearing in a orange and yellow hue in the distance. But there she stood, Olivia smiled with her curled blond hair falling to her shoulders.

I rolled down my window and she smiled. "Can we talk?" She asked.

~

We sat their in the car in silence.

"Cody's a bad guy, Ross." She started. "Laura came to me one night, she was crying. She had bruises all over her body. Cody's violent, he's not that kind of guy. After their second date, Cody brought her to his place. He tried to get her to sleep with him. Laura knew she was too young so she refused. He didn't take it that well. He hit her ...... slapped her, over and over again. He even pulled her hair."

Even her voice started to crack. Just to think about Laura being abused like that.

She took a deep breath and continued. "They knew each other since kindergarten. She thought she knew him. When he asked her on a date, she thought he was a gentleman. She was dead wrong. That night, she came to my house. When I opened the door, she was holding a handful of hair in her hands. It was hers. He may have saved Laura last night but he always has a motive. Always."

I couldn't believe it. Well, I knew Cody was a jerk from the start. But not this kind. And to think I was just going to forget about her.

"Him saving her was something that will make her gain his trust. He's hoping to get her back. When he heard about the plane crash, her memory loss. He came back. He's going to try something on her if she lets him in again. Please Ross, you need to get Laura to forget about him." She finished.

She looked at me, waiting for a response.

"Let's go talk to her." I simply stated before stepping out of the car.

"Ross...." She walked towards me, gently hitting my arm, trying to get my attention. "Look." I scanned the parking lot until I noticed Cody starring at us, he was standing by his car a few meters away. He glared at us, went back into his car and drove off.

"I need to get going, talk to her, please" She said and walked to her car. I watched her drive away.

I entered the hospital entrance. "Visitor hours end in ten minutes." The nurse informed and I nodded. I knocked on her room and opened the door. "Hey."

She looked at me, in regret. "Look Ross, I'm sorry. That kiss was a mistake."

"Anyways, you're leaving tomorrow right?" She nodded. "Well, maybe we could hang out tomorrow, grab a coffee or something."

"Well, I actually need to go to the mall, I need to buy a dress."

"No problem, I'll come with you." I quickly responded.

"Uhh, okay, sure"

~

The next morning I woke up at 10. Such a long day yesterday, I hope nothing goes wrong today.

I got ready and drove to Laura's house. I'm pretty sure she's home now. I walked to her front door and knocked. Vanessa opened the door a minute later.

"Hey Ross, come in."

I smiled and entered the warmly heated house. I looked around, everything seemed to be back to normal.

"Olivia told you, right?"

"What?" I asked confused.

"About Cody!" She exclaimed.

"Oh... yeah."

"Anyways, you're waiting for Laura right?" I nodded. "Laura! Ross is here to see you!!" I sat on the couch, starring at the stairs waiting for Laura to appear.

Finally she came down wearing a casual outfit. She probably doesn't feel comfortable with everything that shows on her legs. Honestly, I think she looks fine.

I stood up. "Ready to go?" I asked and she nodded and smiled. She walked out the door.

"Be careful!" Vanessa yelled.

~

I drove to the nearest Starbucks. The whole car ride was just silence.

When we got there I told her to find a seat while I got the coffee.

Laura's POV

I sat at a table by the window. I watched this elderly couple as the stroll around. I couldn't help but smile. Even old, they were still happy.

"Hey! You here alone?" A voice from behind suddenly asked out of no where. It did give me a little jump.

I turned around and saw a guy taller than me. His shiny pearl white teeth showed in his smile.

And he looked just like Zac Efron.

Yeah, yeah.... I know its a short chapter. I'm sorry :/

Vote and comment!

And I bet most of you know who that 'guy' is!

Well .... anyways......

I have nothin' to say

So....

Peace out girl scout!

Xx

Heather
💕😍