Chapter 21

Hi! Thanks to everyone who commented in the previous chapter! You rock my world, Haha (;

I know you all don't want to see Laura die! I don't either! *tear*

'If Laura dies, Raura dies!' :'(

Well, ... Here's Chapter 21... Enjoy! :D

Chapter 21

Ross' POV

I snap awake as my head fell forward. Was it all a dream? Laura in a coma? Possibly never waking up again? I blink rapidly as I try to regain my vision. Rubbing my eyes, I bury my face in my hands and groan. Looking around I notice, I stayed at the hospital. Across from me was a lifeless looking body. I squint, taking a closer look at her face. My eyes widen, surprised at how slow I was to realize it was Laura. Slowly I realize how blood wasn't flowing well, I couldn't process this. Laura is laying in a hospital bed, fighting for her life and I couldn't even remember for a slight moment. I couldn't look at her anymore. It's not like I didn't like starring at her. I just didn't like looking at her when she looked all beaten up. Placing my hands on the armrest, I haul myself up from the uncomfortable hospital chair. Where was my family? Did they stay the night too?

I peak my head through the tiny window to see my family trying to sleep. God they look so tired and uncomfortable. Rydel had fell asleep, her head leaning against the wall. Beside her was poor Vanessa, who had been crying this whole time. Her head buried in Riker's chest. Ugh! It reminded me of Laura. We used to do that. Laura's sweet scent would always please my nostrils when she was just a chin below me. I turned back and looked at Laura laying in the bed. I had nothing else to do, I walked back into the room. I pulled out my phone to check the time. 4:30? That's early. No wonder everyone's still sleeping. As I headed back to the seat, I stopped to look at her. My gaze dropped to her lips. Her soft lips. That's when it reminded me of.....

Heh. I chuckled and smiled, just the thought of it. The fairy tale. The popular Disney movie. The story every little girl knew. Sleeping Beauty. It reminded me of one of Laura's instragram posts. The one where she took a picture of it in VHS. God, everything reminded me of Laura. Sleeping Beauty, huh? Just imagine, her the princess. Me, the prince. Slowly lean down to give her a small kiss on her lips. Her eyes flutter open, everythings perfect and we live happily ever after. Ha. As if.

So cliche. But this was the real world. Life doesn't work like that. It wasn't that easy. God I wish it was.

I turn away and sit back on the chair. Leaning back on my chair in confusion, I mentally screamed in my head. I wish I could run out and actually scream my lungs out. What was I going to do? Why did all of this have to happen? I finished whatever I was really doing and just starred at the ceiling. Slowly, I dozed off to sleep.

--------------------------

"Ross! Wake up!" I shoot up. Laura? What am I talking about? Ugh, my back is killing me. "What? Is Laura awake yet? Is there a zombie apocalypse?" I wondered if anyone heard my ridiculous assumption. I quickly take a look around and noticed I'm still in the hospital. I turn around to see my family look at my weirdly. I bet their thinking, 'is he going insane'? I might be. "Time to go, I think we all need to get some rest." My mom yawned.

"You guys can go, I'm going to stay with Laura." Vanessa smiled.

"Are you sure?" She nodded. "I'm fine" She smiled again but I wasn't convinced. She wasn't fine. But who could blame her? Just look at Laura. I would be in her position if anything like this happened to Rydel. To any of them, actually. But it really didn't make a difference. I was as much in pain as Vanessa. Why? Because I love Laura as much as she does. I wanted her to wake up, as much as she did. We left the hospital after we said his goodbyes to Vanessa.