Chapter 22

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating soon. I've just been really busy lately and I haven't had any time to go on Wattpad. But here I am!

This is a filler chapter! Sorry!

Chapter 22

Ross' POV

I stare at Laura. Waiting for the happiest moment of my life. Laura is going to wake up. I kept saying to myself. She's going to live. But I didn't want to jinx it. What if worst comes to worst and she doesn't wake up? Me, Riker, Rydel and Vanessa look at her than back at each other, what is with the awkward silence? 

"Hey, look!" Riker exclaimed pointing at Laura. She's opening her eyes! Her eyes slowly blink as she trys to adjust to everything. Oh my god, it's really happening. Laura is waking up! She slowly moves her head around, scanning the room. She lifted her hand up to her head and groans, it probably hurts. Remembering the nurse is still in the room, she grabs a folder and jots something  down on a paper. "Vanessa and ... Rydel" I  hear her beautiful voice, as I turn my attention back to Laura. The girls smile madly while squealing a little. Then she turns to me and Riker, confused. "We'll leave you two alone." they all said as everyone including the nurse headed out the door. 

"Wait! Where are you going?" she yells causing everyone to turn around. 

"We're letting you and Ross have some alone time, you know to catch up on stuff." Rydel explained.

"Ross? Who's Ross? You mean him? Isn't he the doctor? Isn't he going to get me painkillers or something?" Everyone turns with wide eyes starring back at me and Laura. She doesn't remember me. Why does my life have to be so difficult? She doesn't remember all the time we had together. 

"Wait, you can't remember Ross, but why can you remember them?" Riker asked pointing to the girls. "What can you remember?" 

"Well, the last thing I remember is going to prom with my boyfriend, Cody." 

"But I'm your boyfriend." I stated. 

The nurse walked in with the doctor. "I'm glad she's awake but I heard she has memory loss. We'll have to do a few tests and we'll let you know what's going to happen." The doctor said as he told us to leave the room.

I can't believe this. Finally Laura woke up and she can't even remember me. Why does this have to happen? 

 After a few tests, the doctor came to us with her results. "She does have memory loss. I wouldn't be surprised, especally with the amount of damage to her head. Clearly, she only remembers half of her life, so what she said is most likely true, she just can't remember the most recent part. So she probably remembers her family, school friends, childhood memories, you know, that kind of stuff. She can go home tomorrow. We're going to recommend she go see a special doctor that can help her try to remember her life, but for the moment she should go back to her normal daily routines." I sighed and looked back at everyone else. The doctor walked away to see his other patients. 

"I can't believe this." Riker was the first to speak. "I know" I added. Vanessa and Rydel didn't look as worried. Well why wouldn't they be? Laura still remembers them. Wait, why does she remember Rydel?

"How come Laura still remembers you?" I pointed at Rydel. "We met at the same time." I continued, looking at Riker as he nods his head in agreement.

"What do you mean? I met her at camp!" I frowned, remembering she met her long before we did. "Oh" Me and Riker both said in unison. 

"Oh" Rydel mockingly shakes her head. 

"I'm going to call Cody, maybe he can help her remember something." Vanessa reaches into her back pocket to pull out her phone.