Lost Found and so Confused

*Brendon's POV*

I'mlateI'mlateI'mlateI'mlateI'mlateI'mlateI'mlate. Mom's gonna kill me if I'm not back by five. Stupid detention kept me for an hour and I don't have a ride home. I'll just take a shortcut through the woods. Yeah, I'll do that.

Wow this is so much quicker and so peaceful. I should take this shortcut more often. Wait... Didn't I pass that tree three minutes ago? I'm lost, aren't I? Yeah, I'm lost. Do I hear a guitar?

I continued walking towards the soft sound. As it got louder, I began to hear a voice singing.

Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind

Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea

All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see.

My mouth dropped at the beautiful, smooth, soulful voice. I followed the sound more and came across two houses. I seemed to be in the backyard. I walked toward the front of the house to catch a glimpse of the face where this beautiful voice was coming from, but stepped on a branch. The beautiful melody stopped and I cursed under my breath.

"Who's there? Spencer, if that's you, you better not be eating the flowers again," the voice said.

Who's Spencer and why is he eating flowers?

"No. Just me, Brendon," I replied, making my way towards the front of the house.

"Brendon? As in Urie?" the voice asked.

"The one and only," I made it to the front and found a familiar blond boy with a guitar. "And who's Spencer and why is he eating flowers?"

"Aaauuuhhh... Jon!" he called into the house.

"Patrick, what is it? Is Spencer eating flowers again?" the boy apparently named Jon said, before realizing I was standing where I was. A sudden realization came across me.

"Ooh!" I blurted. "You're the kid with the big voice from music."

Patrick looked at his guitar, blushing, and asked what I was doing here in the woods.

I was about to answer when another boy walked out onto the porch.

"What's all the commotion?" the boy asked groggily. "Is Spencer eating flowers again?"

"No, Ryan," Jon said. "We just have an unexpected guest."

Ryan looked up at me, then was suddenly aware that he was only wearing plaid pajama pants without a shirt on and looked down, blushing.

I remembered that I was lost and had to get home at that point.

"I don't mean to be a nuisance or anything, but I'm lost and I don't know how to get home. Can anyone help me?" I said before adding, "and who the heck is Spencer and why is he eating flowers?"

"Uhh... Ryan." Jon pushed Ryan off the porch. "Why don't you walk Brendon out of the forest."

"Why do I have to do it? I'm only in pajamas!" Ryan covered his chest with his arms.

"Well then put on some shoes," Jon said.

"But-But it's cold," Ryan protested again.

"Then put on some freakin' clothes," Jon said, getting aggravated.

"I'll just take him out of here," Patrick offered, standing up and placing his guitar down. Ryan sighed and looked disappointed but relieved at the same time as Patrick grabbed my arm and led me away.

As we got to the end of the woods, I thanked Patrick.

"No problem. Just don't do it again." He turned around and walked back into the woods.

I continued to walk, because I knew the way to my house from there. I prepared for my mom to yell at me as soon as I opened the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

This is our first story, and we love feedback, so please send it in c: