Onefive

*Brendon's POV*

The date was going exactly how I planned it.

Not.

Ryan transformed in the park after I accidentally cursed in front of a kid and his mom. Then we ran into Jack, the skunk-haired asshole, at the Wal-Greens, where I accidentally grabbed Ryan's cast and he started crying for a reason he wouldn't tell me. He also told me he loved me. I didn't say it back. I was 85% sure he said it just to make me feel better. Nice try, Ryan, but it only made me feel worse.

I got us lollipops and bracelets to try and make it better, and it did for a while, but I hurt Ryan wrist really bad in the Wal-Greens and we rushed the rest of the way to the restaurant, where the lady at the front mistook Ryan for a girl and made disapproving faces at our hand holding. I got a bottle of water at the bar for Ryan so he could take some Advil and the bartender also thought Ryan was a 'pretty woman', but didn't make faces at us when we tried to make purple from the colors the lollipops had left in our mouths.

Ryan also apparently knew every British person in America and ordered a glass of water that was spilled on him by a very clumsy (and very British) waitress. So, he ran off to the bathroom to probably transform which left me in my current state of thinking and regretting and eventually deciding that this was officially the worst first date ever.

Not to mention that I still felt extremely guilty about what had happened with Gerard. What kind of boyfriend...

"'Ello, sir," a voice with a British accent said from above me, "are you quite ready to oahdah?"

"Uhm, I'd actually like to-" I stopped talking when I looked up to see Ryan with the cheekiest grin I had ever seen. I smiled back and jokingly glared as he sat back down in his probably still moist chair. "You were too good at that accent."

"It's not hard, really," he said, still speaking with the accent. "You should try it; it's fun."

"Ok," I said, then cleared my throat. "Aoh, 'ello. Do you fancy a fancy cuppa tea? Or the queen? Or The Dohctah's TAHDIS? Because I surely do. Neauhf neauhf neauhf neauhf." That last bit was supposed to be a laugh.

Ryan was laughing so hard that it eventually there was no sound to his laughter. Just air. It was almost silent and completely hilarious and absolutely adorable. His laughter calmed down before PJ came back with another water for Ryan.

"Sorry about Zoë and the water; she's new."

"It's fine. I get water spilled on me on an almost daily basis," Ryan said.

"Sorry," PJ gave him an apologetic look before pulling out his notepad. "So are you lads ready to order?"

Ryan and I both nodded and ordered. I got the Strom-Burger and Ryan got a plain salad. I asked him why he ordered so little, but he just drank his water and didn't respond. We got into a little conversation about bands until our food came. We ate and I told him about the new gym teacher we were getting. We finished eating and then paid.

We walked out of the restaurant holding hands and talked about how much we liked and missed the world's best lollipops. We then continued talking about bands as we walked down the street to my house. We were in a very loud conversation about Green Day when we stepped onto the porch. I turned around and stared at my dad, who was reading the newspaper in one of the chairs.

I cleared my throat. "Dad, don't you think the lighting would be better inside?"

"Mmm, nope," he said. "I can see everything I want to riiiight heerre."

"Dad, c'mon."

He sighed. "Alright, I'll count to five."

Ryan and I turned to each other and prepared ourselves.