It's Nice To Meet You Sally

*Brendon's POV*

I'm just going to skip the few days between when I took Ryan back and Thanksgiving, because to put it simply; they were boring, apart from the few phone calls with Patrick. When I had his phone, I put my number in it under the name 'Morgan Freeman.'

In the days before Thanksgiving I helped my mom prepare food and on the actual day of Thanksgiving Patrick called to confirm they were still invited.

"Of course you guys are still invited," I said. "I'm actually on my way to your house right now." I put my hand over the microphone and yelled, "Mom, can I go out for a minute?"

"Of course, sweetie," she called back. "You can go as long as you pick up some nutmeg for me."

"Alright," I yelled. "I'm taking the minivan!" I grabbed her keys and ran out the door. I took my hand off the phone and said, "I'll be in the purple minivan outside the woods."

He laughed and said, "Okay, bye."

"Bye." I hung up and got into the car. I started the car and drove down the street to the woods. I stopped next to where Patrick was standing. I leaned over and opened the passenger door.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping," I said.

He laughed and asked, "Okay, what are going shopping for?"

"My mom needs some more nutmeg," I said as he climbed in.

"This is one sweet ride you have here," he said as I pulled away from the woods.

"Thanks, her name is Sally," I said, rubbing the dash.

He chuckled and said, "Well, it's very nice to meet you, Sally."

"My mom's had her for quite some time now," I said, then kissed the steering wheel. "Still runs like new."

He laughed and then we were quiet for a while.

"Did Pete make his pumpkin pie?" I asked, pulling into the Walgreens.

"Yeah, that's what everyone is doing at home."

We got out of the car and walked into the store.

"Wait," I said. "It takes five of you to make a pie?"

"It's a very intricate pie!" he said.

We laughed and that's when I got my nutmeg and I went to the front to check out. I bought my nutmeg and we left.

"So what time do we need to be at your house?" Patrick asked as I pulled out of the Walgreens parking lot.

"Three is fine," I said. We were quiet the rest of the way to the woods.

"Here's your stop," I said.

"Thanks for letting me tag along," he said, opening the door and stepping out. "Oh, and here's the twenty dollars I owe you." He handed me a twenty dollar bill.

"Thanks," I said, taking the crumpled piece of paper. "See you at three."

"Alright," he said. He closed the door and waved as I drove away.

I pulled into my driveway and put Sally into park. I walked inside and delivered the nutmeg to Mom.

"Thank you," she said as I handed her the nutmeg. "Do you mind if I ask what did you need to go out for?"

"No, not at all," I said. "I just needed to talk to Patrick in person."

"Alright," she said. "You told him to come over at three, right?"