Soup Delivery

I tried to not spill soup everywhere while I simultaneously tried to not get hit by a car.

"Watch where you're driving, stupid face!" I yelled at the driver of the car that nearly ran me over and almost made me spill my soup. The driver just gave me the finger and continued driving. I gave him the finger back and walked into the woods.

Alright...There's the tree with the moss... The bush that looks like Michael Jackson... Three stone steps... And the house!

I walked up to the front door and knocked.

"Pete, you get it!" I heard Spencer yell from inside. "We're all sick!" Just to reaffirm what he had just said, he and Patrick coughed and Ryan sneezed like a kitten.

"Ugh, fine," Pete said, then opened the door. "Oh, hey, Brendon."

"Hey, Pete," I held up my large container of soup. "I brought soup!"

"Great! That saves me the trouble of making it. Come on in!" he held the door open for me.

"Thanks," I walked in and not long after, I heard meowing and felt something against my leg. I looked down and saw Ryan pawing at my leg—as a cat, of course. "Here Pete, take my soup," I handed Pete the soup and picked up Ryan.

"Hi," I held him in front of me. "I missed you." I hugged him and he purred. "Awwwh!!" I hugged him tighter. He hissed and meowed in pain.

"Sorry," I pulled him away from my chest. "I'm going to put you down, now." I tried to place him on the ground, but his claws were snagged on my t-shirt and he was meowing in protest. "Alright, let's go over to the couch." I carried him like a baby over to the couch and sat down next to Patrick.

"So what movie we watching?" I asked, petting Ryan.

"Twilight," Spencer sighed, sitting in a chair with a bowl of the soup I made.

"Why?" I asked, thinking it was a joke until I looked at the TV and saw Edward glittering.

"It's Ryan's favourite," Pete said, walking in. Ryan jumped out of my arms and walked to Spencer, taking the remote from his lap before walking back to me on his hind legs with the remote in his paws. I awhed as he stood in front of me, holding the remote up to me. I picked him up and placed him in my lap again.

"Want me to get that for you?" I asked him. He mewed in protest and held the remote close.

"Alright," I chuckled. He pressed the 'play' button with his tiny paws and leaned into me.

"This soup is really good," Spencer said. Ryan hissed at him for speaking during the movie. "Sorry, but it's good soup."

"I worked very hard on—OW!" I exclaimed when Ryan stuck his claws into my leg. "Why did you do that?"

He turned around and gave me a look that suggested I already knew. He paused Twilight and jumped out of my lap and strutted away.

"Yeah, you better run!" I called after him. "Ow, I got a boo-boo!"

"Are you bleeding?" Patrick asked.

I lifted my hand from my leg and saw blood. "Yeah, I am, actually." I stood up and put my hand back over the wound. "Do you guys have any bandages I can use?"

"Yeah, I'll show you to the bathroom," Patrick said, standing up. I followed him to the bathroom upstairs, where he showed me where the bandages were.

"Here you go," Patrick said, handing me a box of Band-Aids.

"Thanks," I said, taking the box from him. He walked out of the bathroom and closed the door behind him. I unbuttoned my pants and pulled them down a bit to get to the wound. I guess I forgot to lock the door because when I was securing my bandages, Ryan walked in.

"Haven't you ever heard of knocking?" I asked, covering my bulge.

He stuttered something and transformed back into a cat.

I 'awh'ed and waddled over him and picked him up. I said, "Hold on a second," and placed him in the sink so he couldn't get away. I pulled up my pants and picked him up again. I grabbed his pajama pants from the bathroom floor and walked into Ryan's room. I put Ryan into his bed and tucked him in.

"Stay right here," I told him. "I'm going to go get us some soup."

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen and poured me and Ryan some bowls of soup.

"We are not watching Rush Hour again!" Patrick exclaimed, walking into the kitchen with Spencer close behind.

"But why not?" Spencer whined.

"Because we've already watched it three times since we've been sick!" Patrick walked over to the pot of soup and got down a bowl.

"Why not a fourth?" Spencer leaned on the counter next to Patrick.

"Because it's getting annoying and Pete wants to watch Nightmare Before Christmas," Patrick poured himself some soup and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Fine," Spencer sighed. "Hey Brendon, what do you think?"

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no," I said, making my way to the door. "You are not bringing me into this."

"Oh, come on, Brenny-Bear," Spencer walked over to me. "Just give us your opinion."

"No," I stated. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some soup to deliver."

I walked up the stairs and knocked on Ryan's door with my foot.

"Come in," he called from inside. I opened the door and walked in.

"I got soup," I said, holding bowls up.

"I'll be down in a minute," he said.

"But I brought you soup."

"Yeah, but Jon doesn't like us to eat in our rooms."

"But I came to eat up here with you."

"Jon won't let us eat in our rooms," he insisted. "I'll be down in a minute."

"Alright, fine," I said, making my way to the door. "I just wish someone had told me about the no-room-soup-eating rule."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for the delay of this chapter, but we took some time off to spend time with family and Thanksgiving

picture to the right is Brendon holding a cat [ imagine its ryan ]