Merry Christmas Bitches, Kiss My Ass

*Brendon's POV*

Staying at the Ross-Smith-Stump house was actually really fun. I mean, I had stayed there the weekend before, but this was different. Because 1) I didn't have a toothbrush or a change of clothes and 2) everyone was here (and I was missing out on all the gift-giving back home but who's counting).

Patrick had his eighteenth birthday and I think it turned out nice. I think he had fun.

They had a new member to their family, Bronx, and he's the cutest kid to ever live.

I missed my family (well, I missed Mom and Dad. My siblings kinda sucked balls. They never came home anyways). I didn't want to risk trying to get home because of the snow and everything and, plus, I was enjoying myself. I could spend as much time alone with Ryan as I wanted and I had an unlimited supply of stories from everyone.

Ryan, of course, was the best part. I was laying in the floor with him at that moment. I looked over at his sleeping face and smiled. He was the cutest, no matter what he said.

I figured it must've been the five blankets on top of us, but I felt suddenly warmer than before. I pushed the blankets off me carefully as to not disturb Ryan and to cool myself off. It worked, mostly. I still felt hot, it was just more in my head.

I was also starting to feel like I couldn't breathe. I thought it might've been Ryan's arm on my chest, so I removed it and put it on the pillows. It was still hard to breath.

I wondered what was up with me as I carefully removed my arm from underneath Ryan's head (he was a heavy sleeper, though; he wouldn't wake up). I probably just needed some fresh air. Yeah, I thought. That sounds nice.

I got up carefully and quietly and grabbed a coat.

"Where are you going?" a voice asked from behind me.

I turned around to see Josh and Tyler (you never saw them by themselves).

"Uh, I was just gonna get some fresh air," I said.

"Well, can't it wait?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah, we were just about to spit some raps for everybody," Josh said.

"Ok," I sighed (I was surprised I could sigh). I unzipped the coat and took it off before following them into the kitchen.

"Everyone's here, right?" Josh asked.

"Except for Ryan," Patrick said.

"He's napping," I said.

Everyone nodded in understanding.

"So, are you guys ready for this?" Tyler asked. Everyone nodded and said, "Yeah," or some variation of it.

"Ok," Josh said, glancing at Tyler. "We're gonna spit some raps for you guys."

They each took a piece of candy out of their pockets and took the wrappers off of them. They dropped the candies and put the wrappers in their mouths, then spit them out.

There was a pause before Tyler said, "Thug life."

Everybody busted out laughing except for Bronx. He flinched at the noise.

I stood next to the fridge and forced all the feelings of heat in my head and rocks in my lungs to subside. My clothes also felt too itchy now and I felt like pacing. I found myself tapping my fingers on my leg impatiently and hyperventilating again (or maybe I was always hyperventilating and had just noticed then).

Patrick put a hand on my shoulder and asked if I was ok. His voice was blurry and I honestly didn't know the answer to his question. I felt like doing everything and nothing all at the same time.