Happy Valentine's Day, Bitches

I was counting down the hours, the minutes and the seconds to Valentine's day. At about ten to one I snuck out the window after putting a shirt and some shoes on (I didn't need to change out of my pajamas, because I was coming right back home afterwards).

I got to the school just past one and Ian was already there and talking to principal Kickurass. Maybe I was late...

"Finally! You took forever to get here," Ian said. He was also in pajamas, but his were cooler (I had on Spongebob ones and he had cool Batman ones).

"Sorry, I walked," I said, adjusting my very heavy backpack. Ian just sighed and the principle opened the school for us. I told Ian to get the upstairs part of the school while I got downstairs as I handed him some boxes.

"Why do these smell like perfume?" he asked.

"I was spraying some for Brent and then I accidentally spilled some on the others," I confessed. He chuckled and headed for the stairs. I rolled my eyes and started slipping the cards into lockers.

*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

After Ian and I finished the lockers (which only took a little over an hour, surprisingly), I had gone back home to get a few more hours of sleep. I woke up at 6 and showered shortly (20 minutes compared to my 45 minute showers) so I could get Ryan's gift nicely wrapped.

I got dressed in my school outfit, fixed my hair, brushed everything and went downstairs with the red envelope that held a card and the tickets in the front pocket of my backpack.

"Hey mom," I greeted, walking into the kitchen.

"Hi Brenny-Bear," she replied, turning to look at me and smiling. "Do you have everything ready?

"Yep," I said with a small smile playing at my lips.

"Did you remember to get flowers?" she asked.

My eyes widened. "Shit, I forgot." I ran to the front door. "See you later, love you, bye!" I shouted, running out the door. I ran to the Wal-Greens near the park and went to the Valentine's Day isle and found some pretty red roses and a box of chocolate. I brought them up to the counter and fished my wallet out from my bag.

"Looks like somebody forgot Valentine's Day," the lady remarked, scanning my items. I stayed silent. "So who's the lucky lady?"

"His name is Ryan," I said bluntly.

"Oh, I-I... I have a cousin that's gay," she said. "That'll be $7.48."

I gave her a ten and she gave me my change and a bag that had the flowers and chocolate. I walked out and hurried to the Ross-Smith-Stump house to deliver da Valentine's Day shiznit.

I ran through the woods and up to the house, walking in when I got to the door.

"Happy Valentine's Day, bitches!" I exclaimed as I entered the living room.

They all glanced up at me, barely having any reaction, except for Ryan. He looked up at me and then back at the floor worriedly.

I walked over to the couch he was sitting on and sat next to him.

"Hey," I said as I placed my bag on the ground next to me. "What's up?" I placed my hand on his back.

"N-Nothing," he said, looking up at me. "What's up with you?" He glanced down at the envelope in my hands. "What's that?"

"Oh," I said. I held it out to him. "Open it."

"I-I," he stuttered, staring at it. "Bren-Brendon, I-"