Happy

*Ryan's POV*

"Hey Pete, I ran out of my contacts yesterday," I said, walking up to Pete.

"I knew there was a reason you were wearing your glasses," he said, looking up at me. I blushed and looked down.

"Can you just order me some more of my contacts?"

"Yea, of course. Now go answer the door because Josh and Tyler are here."

I walked to the front door and opened it. "Hey guys."

"Hey," they both responded at the same time.

"You guys are always in unison," I closed the door and followed them into the kitchen. "It's creepy."

"Sorry," they said, again, in unison.

"Stop that it's really scaring me." I sat down at the table as Pete put a plate of waffles on the table, looking at me.

"Your black eye is going away," he said, standing up straight.

"Thank god," I stood up. "I'm gonna go finish getting ready."

"What do you mean? You look fine."

"I have to straighten my hair and fix everything else." I started walking up the stairs and to the bathroom. I knocked on the door, because I was almost positive Patrick would be in there shaving or something.

"Who is it?"

"Ryan. I need to fix my hair."

"Come in."

I opened the door and walked in and Patrick was in fact shaving. I smiled a little and asked if he could move aside a little so I could get the flat iron. He moved and I got it from the cabinet and plugged it in.

"Good morning," Patrick said.

"Good morning," I replied.

"How has your morning been so far?"

"Fine, you?"

"Pretty good."

"You know we have an electric shaver, right?"

"Yeah, but Spencer broke it."

"Oh." By then the straightener had warmed up and I started straightening my hair.

"Is Brendon here yet?" Patrick asked.

"No, but Josh and Tyler are," I answered.

"When aren't they?"

I snickered.

"You look really good in those glasses."

"Wow, that's kind of out of nowhere."

"Uh, sorry, but it's true." He was finished shaving by now and looked at me through the reflection of the mirror. "You're really handsome. Way more handsome than you think you are."

I blushed and looked down. I was grinning slightly as I said, "Thanks." I looked over at him. "You're really handsome, too."

It was his turn to blush and look down now. "Aw, shucks." He looked up and me and smiled. "Thank you."

We were quiet for a while before I asked, "Hey, do you have a song stuck in your head?"

"Uh, I have this song that I've been working on for a while in my head," he said. "What about you?"

"I have 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams in my head."

And that's when the doorbell rang.

"I'll go get that," Patrick said, putting down the washcloth he was using to wipe his face.