A Little Less Touchy, A Little More Keys

We were halfway to the woods when it started pouring down rain.

"'It was just a drizzle,' he said. 'It'll be over before you know it,' he said," Spencer said, glaring at me angrily.

"I'm sorry I'm not a weather man," I glared back. "My house is right around the corner; let's run."

We all started running, and when we were about three houses away from mine, there was a huge thunder clap. Spencer shrieked and yelled, "Catch me Brendon!" before jumping into my arms.

"My house is just three houses away!" I said, trying to steady him in my arms. "Now get out of my arms and walk!"

"Carry me!" he exclaimed, wrapping his arms around my face. I sighed and continued walking while carrying Spencer.

"Make sure I don't run into anything," I said, continuing my slow pace, now weighed down from Spencer.

"Uhm, Brendon?" Ryan said.

"Uh, what?" I groaned.

"Which house is yours?"

"It's the orange one."

"All of them are tinted orange," Patrick said.

"Ugh, it's the one with Urie on the mailbox," I adjusted Spencer in my arms.

"How do you spell that?" Patrick asked.

"The one with Halloween decorations still up," I said, getting slightly annoyed.

"That one was two houses ago," Ryan said. I groaned loudly.

"Ryan, can you get my keys out of my back pocket?" I said. Ryan stuttered.

"OK, Patrick, get the keys out of my back pocket," I said.

"What? No!" Patrick refused.

"C'mon, you know you wanna," I playfully stuck my butt out.

"No, I don't," Patrick said. "Ryan, you do it. He's your boyfriend."

"We haven't discussed it yet!" Ryan said.

"Will somebody just get the freakin' keys!" I exclaimed.

"You don't have to be so loud," Spencer whimpered. There was another loud thunder clap. He nearly deafened me and held on tighter.

"Somebody get the keys before he chokes me!" I exclaimed.

"Fine! I'll do it," Ryan said, walking up to me. "Which pocket?"

"Uuuhhhh I don't remember," I said. He sighed and reached into my right back pocket.

"I-I can't find it," Ryan said in a small voice.

"Then check the other pocket," I said impatiently. "Ok, a little less touchy a little more keys."

"Sorry, I just can't find them," he said.

"Oh, that's right! They're in my front pocket," I said, trying to walk up the few porch steps in the front of my house.

"So I felt your butt for nothing?" he said, reaching for the key in my front right pocket.

"Well it wasn't for nothing," I joked, stopping in front of the door.

"I found it. What do I do?" Ryan said.

"Have you never used a key before?" I said, getting a little annoyed by Spencer shivering.

"I have I just-" Ryan said before being interrupted by a POOFing noise.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that," I said.

"Patrick just transformed," Ryan sighed.

"And to add to that, I just realized that the door is probably unlocked," I said. I heard Ryan open the door.

"It is, in fact, open," Ryan said as we walked in.

"OK Spencer, I'm going to place you down in this chair. Will you let go of my face?" I said, preparing to place Spencer on a chair.

"..."

"Alright then," I placed him on the chair as he let go of my face.

"Brendon Boyd Urie!" Mom exclaimed, walking into the living room. "Do you know what time it is? It's nearly five and your father is already home!" She took one look at us and her tone softened. "Oh, you boys are soaking wet. I'm going to go get you some towels."

"Thanks mom," I said before dad stormed down the stairs.

"Brendon Boyd Urie! Do you have any idea what time it is? Your mother and I have been worried sick! You know you're supposed to call if you're going to be late!" Dad practically shouted, walking down the stairs and stopping in front of us. "And why are you all soaking wet!?"

"It was pouring rain and we got stuck in it, sorry," I shrugged.

"Well next time, just try calling," he said, massaging the bridge of his nose and walking over to the couch.

"Sorry," I said quietly, brushing my hair out of my face.

"Do they always call you by your full name?" Ryan asked, looking at me.

"Not really. My mom calls me Brenny-Bear most of the time," I said as Mom walked in with a pile of towels.

"Are these your new friends, Brenny-Bear?" Mom asked handing us each a towel. Ryan and I looked at each other.

"Yeah, three of them," I said, taking a towel.

"Three? I only see two," she said.

"Yeah, the third one's outside. He didn't want to get anything wet, so he stayed out there," I lied, knowing that the third one was actually the rabbit in Ryan's arms.

"Oh, well that's just silly," she said, heading for the door. "I'll go bring him a towel."

"No!" I exclaimed. She blinked at me in shock. "I-I mean, no, he insisted and probably won't even accept it."

"Well the least we could do is offer," she said, giving me an odd look.

"You know what? You are completely right!" I said before reaching for the extra towel in her hands. "I'll go take this towel to him right now."

"A-Alright," she said as I walked out the door. I stepped out onto the porch and placed the towel on the ground next to the pile of Patrick's clothes. I heard my mom wondering aloud why I was acting so weird.

If only you knew, Mom.

If only you knew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THERES A CHApTER ON TIME HALLELUJAH

Picture to the right is Jon and his tiger form