How 'Bout Some Air? It's Free!

*Brendon's POV*

After my 'shower', I went to my room and got on some clean, dry pajamas. Not long after, Mom came into my room and gave me some milk and cookies. After I finished the cookies and drank all the milk, I went to sleep and had a really weird dream.

I dreamt that Ryan and I were stranded on a desert island and we had all the supplies to get off the island, but we stayed. Then, Ryan turned into Johnny Depp and we swam to Australia and made a video with the Janoskians and for some reason, Harry Styles was there in a speedo. I told you it was weird.

I woke up five minutes before my alarm clock went off and right when I was about to fall asleep again, it sounded and I groaned. Man, I really need a shower, I thought as I walked down the hall. I decided to eat some breakfast before, because showering on an empty stomach is no fun.

I walked into the kitchen and got the Fruit Loops off the top of the fridge. I placed the box on the counter and got a bowl from the cabinet. I opened the box of Fruit Loops and went to pour some into my bowl, but nothing came out. I shook it and shook it and eventually turned it upside down, but still—nothing. I took the bag out of the box to see what the problem was. The bag was empty apart from a few crumbs in the bottom of the bag.

"Who does this?" I asked myself, staring at the most likely stale crumbs. "Oh, yeah; I do."

I put the bag back in the box and placed the box on the fridge. I put the bowl back in the cabinet and grabbed a banana before sitting on the counter next to the sink.

"Brendon, could you please get off the counter?" Mom asked, walking in from the laundry room. I jumped off the counter, going for the fridge for a bottle of water or something.

"Sorry," I mumbled, opening a bottle of water.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" Mom asked, looking at the clock reading 7:07 AM.

"School doesn't start until eight, and I have no reason to be there early, so I'm taking my time this morning," I shrugged, sipping my water.

"What about your friends?" she asked, looking at me. 

"They don't get there until almost right when school starts," I lied, not ready to explain that I was gay and in love with Ryan and I was going to tell him today.

"Oh, alright," she smiled and walked back into the laundry room. I took my water and my banana and went up to my room to take a shower and get ready.

It really didn't occur to me that I'd have to deal with a crowd of teens flooding into the school until I was getting dressed. After tying my shoes, I grabbed my backpack and ran down the stairs, yelling a quick goodbye to Mom. After closing the front door, I quickly noticed something next to a flower pot. I bent down, getting a closer look before realizing that it was a phone. I picked it up, knowing it was probably Patrick's or Ryan's, and turned it on. I unlocked it and started to walk, looking at anything and everything I could find.

This is wrong, I thought. But I'm having too much fun.

I smiled to myself as I started approaching the school, which, was in fact, packed with everyone who went there. I sighed, putting the phone in my pocket.

*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

"...So go home tonight and read chapter 4 through—" the boring Mr. French-something lectured in monotone before being interrupted by the bell.

I jumped from my seat and was the first one out of the class. I didn't know what I was rushing for, seeing as Ryan, Spencer and Patrick weren't there. I walked outside and sat on the ground next to the front doors, planning to play Angry Birds on my phone or something until classes resumed.