Friends For Now

"Daniel," a voice called from off camera. "Who are you talking to?"

Daniel had a sudden look of realization on his face and he turned to see the person that was calling his name. "H-Hey, Phillip," he said. 

"I thought you were cleaning out your old suitcase," the voice said before a boy with black hair and pale blue eyes appeared on the screen. "Oh, who's this?"

"U-Uhm, Ph-Phil, this is uhm, Ryan. A-An old friend from America. I told you that I came from America right?" 

My heart stopped at the words 'old friend.' He was just saying that I was the love of his life. Did he mean it? Or...? 

"No," Philip said.

"Well... This is Ryan from America," Daniel looked at Phillip. "S-Say 'hi,' Ryan."

I'm glad Daniel reminded me to say 'hi' because I would've just stared if he hadn't. I decided to make a joke.

"Hi, Ryan," I smiled.

They smiled at my weak attempt at a joke and Philip shifted to speak to Daniel some more.

"Well, Dan," Philip said. "I've got to go now. It was nice meeting you Ryan. Bye." Philip leaned down and kissed Daniel on the lips and left. Once I heard the door close, Daniel turned to me and said, "I can explain."

I folded my arms and said, "I'm waiting."

He took a deep breath. "I forgot I had a boyfriend." He paused. "And speaking of boyfriends, I noticed your hickey."

I looked down and blushed, covering the hickey up with my hands. "Stop looking at it!"

"Aw, Kitty-Cat," he said. "You don't have to hide your relationship from me."

"I-It's not really a relationship," I admitted.

"So is it friends with benefits or are you a booty call?" he laughed.

"I don't know, we haven't had 'the talk' yet," I pushed my hair out of my face.

"Well, do you really like him?"

I looked down. "Yeah, but you remembering kind of changes everything."

"Ryan." I looked up when he spoke. "I know you still have feelings for me, and since I remembered, I have feelings for you, but I have Philip and you have this other lad," he frowned. "So I think it's best if we stay friends for now."

I looked back down and held back tears. "Yeah... O-Okay."

"Are you crying?" Daniel asked. I nodded. "Please don't cry. We'll still be friends. It's just because we have lives and boyfriends now. You know that if I weren't in a relationship right now I'd be on a plane to America in a heartbeat."

"Yeah." I let the tears fall. "I just got my hopes up, that's all."

"I'm sorry." He sounded sincere, but I couldn't bring myself to believe him. "You know that if it were different..."

"Yeah," I looked back up at him. "Can I have another virtual hug?"

"Of course, Kitty-Cat," he leaned into the screen for another virtual hug. I held my computer close to my chest and let out a small sob.

"Shh, it's going to be alright," he whispered to the microphone. For a second, it actually felt like he was there hugging me. We pulled away from the 'hug' right before Patrick walked into my room.

"Hey Patrick," I said, looking at Patrick. "Did you find your phone?"

"Uhm, yeah. It's at Brendon's," Patrick said, awkwardly standing in the doorway. "Have you been crying?"

"Don't ask about it. So is that all you came to tell me?" I asked, glancing back at my screen to see Daniel looking very confused.

"No," Patrick said. "That soup you wanted oh-so badly is getting cold."

"I'm not hungry anymore," I sighed, getting annoyed with Patrick.

"But Pete made extra because he knows it's your favorite," Patrick was just trying to make me feel guilty now.

I sighed. "Fine. I'll have some soup."

"Jon wants you to eat it downstairs."

"But I don't want to eat down stairs."

"But Jon does."

We stopped and stared at each other for a bit.

"Fine! I'll eat downstairs," I gave in. "Just give me a minute, alright?"

"Alright," Patrick nodded slightly before leaving. I looked back at my computer.

"I have to go eat soup downstairs with Jon," I said.

"Alright," Daniel said. "Talk to you later?"

"Yeah."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I ended the chat and logged off, turning my computer off. I sighed and stood up from my bed, suddenly feeling and remembering the cold and mild bronchitis I had. When Daniel called, I had completely forgotten about being sick.

I walked down the hall and into the bathroom to wash my face. I turned the water on to warm it up and grabbed a washcloth from out of the cabinet. I rinsed my face and walked down the stairs to get this oh-so important soup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry this chapter wasn't up yesterday :( but it's up today :D