It Was Shakespeare

We all ran backstage, the audience applauding. We all stopped and looked at each other and busted out laughing.

The rest of my day was really boring compared to drama. I went home after school and did my homework then called Ryan. He answered the last ring.

“Hello?” he said, sounding annoyed.

“Hi,” I said. “Am I interrupting something?”

“Uhm, no,” he said. “Just homework.”

“Ok,” I said.

“Not to be rude or anything, but why did you call?” he asked.

“I don’t really know to be honest... I was just thinking of you and wanted to call,” I said. “I’m going to hang up now. You’re doing homework and I don’t want to bother you. Bye.”

I heard him say something before I hung up, but I knew that he was annoyed by homework and would be in a crappy mood, so I didn’t bother. I tossed my phone into my closet and went to bed.

*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*…*

The next day after English, I walked alone to the cafeteria. I got my lunch and looked for Ryan and the gang. I finally found them and sat down next to Ryan.

“Hey guys,” I said. “Where are Josh and Tyler?”

“They have lunch at a different time than us,” Patrick said.

“Oh, alright,” I said. I paused for a moment before speaking again. “Did you guys know that he was the makeup artist for the drama club?” I gestured to Ryan.

“Yeah, we watched the first ever show he did the makeup for,” Patrick said, poking at the brown salad in front of him.

“Really? What was the show?” I asked.

“It was Shakespeare,” Ryan said. “It was actually really boring, but the lead actor made it better. Horrible writing, great acting. Chris was in it, too.”

“Did you get it on video? ‘Cause I’d love to see it,” I said.

“Yeah, it’s part of our home video collection,” Spencer said. “Along with lots of others.” 

“I’d love to see all of them sometime,” I said.

“No,” Spencer said, glaring at me.

“Why not?” I said. “I’d love to see baby versions of you guys.”

“I told Jon to erase all of the ones of me, so you won’t be seeing me,” Spencer said.

“Awh! But you’d be the cutest!” I said.

“No, I wouldn’t,” he said. “I was a fat kid.”

“No you weren’t,” Patrick said, turning to Spencer. “If anything I wa—”

Ryan’s phone rang, interrupting Patrick. He looked at the caller ID and stood up, saying quietly, “I gotta answer this,” before walking outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

we're so sorry that this chapter is so short D: but atleast we got two in one day :D you'll see in the next chapter why this was so short

picture to the right is Brendon and Ryan