Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Has Nothing To Do With Music

Time seemed to stand still for every moment leading up to music class and when it finally came, I couldn't have been happier. I was the first kid to arrive to the classroom and I sat in my usual spot, waiting for the class to start.

After a few minutes, everyone else started filing into the class and Dallon showed up a few minutes after.

"Good afternoon class," Dallon placed a few things on his desk. "Today I would like to show you a really cool song on ukulele..." He pulled a blank DVD case from the small pile he had on his desk. "However, the school is making me show you a boring DVD that has nothing to do with music." He took the DVD out of the case and put it into the DVR.

"But I did manage to get some popcorn for you guys," he held up a popped bag of popcorn. "Everyone gets two pieces. Pass the bag." He walked up to me, handing me the bag. 

"Two pieces. Remember that," he walked to the DVR and pressed play before dimming the lights. "Now this 45 minute film is about Martin Luther King Jr.; absolutely nothing to do with music, but the school requires me to show it to you, so."

I took two pieces of popcorn and passed the bag to the chick next to me. We all watched the movie, but about ten minutes in, my eyelids started to get heavy.

"Brendon, I can see you falling asleep. Stay awake," Dallon said, quite loudly if I might say so. I opened my eyes, trying to stay awake.

"And Anthony, I can see you playing Farm Ville on your phone. Put it away or I'll have to take it away."

I did my best to stay awake until the end of the documentary and when it was finally over, Dallon gave everyone a chord on ukulele to practice at home and let us all go early. Except for me. He asked me to stay.

"Brendon, I need a word with you," Dallon motioned for me to come over to his desk. I grabbed my bag and walked to his desk.

"What is it?" I asked, throwing my bag over one shoulder.

"Just wanted to remind you to bring your ukulele with you tomorrow because we have a tutoring session," he said, stacking some papers. "And remember; pizza." 

"I won't forget," I smiled. "See you tomorrow." I walked out the door and into the crowded corridors. I made my way out of the school and down my street to my house where I lived in my house on my street near my school.

I opened the front door and walked in, shouting a greeting to my mom.

"Mom! I'm home!" I put my bag down next to the door.

"Hi, Brendon! How was your day?" Mom asked from the kitchen. "And don't leave your bag by the door again; your father trips over it every morning."

I picked my bag back up and walked into the kitchen.

"My day was pretty good, actually. A friend took me out to lunch," I stood next to her. "Anyways, what's for din—" I saw the answer to my question. "Oh."

"What?" she asked. "Is hamburgers for dinner not okay?"

"I-It's just that I had two hamburgers for lunch, and I had Biology right after and we um," I cleared my throat. "Dissected frogs and I'llberightback." I ran to the downstairs bathroom as quick as I could, and then... well, you get the picture.

For the rest of the night, I looked through the phone I had found earlier. I figured out that it was Patrick's phone and debated whether to call Ryan or not, and eventually decided against it. I instead beat Patrick's Angry Birds high score under the names 'ur frand bden', 'A.S.S' and 'Jenny Tailia' among others.

I snuck downstairs after I had played Angry Birds for an hour and a half to get a snack of a banana and bottle of water. I fell asleep on the couch to 'Friends' on the TV, dreaming oddly of Ross and Phoebe hooking up.

~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry this chapter is a little short :c the next one will hopefully be longer :)

picture to the right is Brendon lookin' snazeh