Pre-Wee Kiss

Trigger Warning: Mention of Suicide.

*Ryan's POV*

After I transformed back to human form, I called Daniel to update him on my situation. He picked up on the fourth ring.

"Hi, Kitty-Cat," he said cheerily.

I smiled. "Hi, Daniel." I shifted in the bed and stared at my cast. "I just wanted to call and tell you what happened today and...Did you just take a swig of something? I heard a swig. What are you drinking?"

"Oh, um..." he started. I knew he was looking for a good lie to tell me. "Just... Root beer." Another swig.

"That would be accurate if you took out the 'root' part," I replied.

"Yeah, but I'm twenty and I can legally drink here, so I'm drinking. It's not a big deal. And I'll be twenty-one soon, so I can come to America and try all those fancy American beers I've hearing so much about." Swig.

"But when you're 21 I'll be 18 and I'll wanna come to England."

"Yeah, but I'll be twenty-one first and I was thinking that when I got there I would stay with you and you could show me all the stuff I've missed since I left."

My heart skipped a beat when he said 'stay with you'. Did he mean he was going to dump Phillip and come live with me once I graduated?

"As in, like, stay together? Or a vacation?"

"Vacation, of course. I've got a job and a boyfriend here and I can't give that up."

"Oh, alright..." I should have never gotten my hopes up. I need to stop doing that.

"Don't get like that, now. I'm going to visit you, and besides, you've got Brendon. Speaking of which, didn't you say you had something to tell me? Why don't we get on Skype and talk?"

"I don't know. I'm taking your advice to talk to Brendon. He's actually here right now..."

"Awh, come on! I haven't video chatted with you in, like, a month!"

"A month? I video chatted with you last night."

"Yeah, but I really need to see your face, Kitty-Cat. Pleasepleasepleaseplease."

I smiled and said, "Alright. I'll just tell Brendon that I'm taking another nap."

"Ok, I'll just make myself a cuppa and meet you in a minute. You better be online by the time I'm finished."

"Haha, I'll be on as soon as I can."

"Okie-Dokey."

"I love you," I said. I wanted to see what he would say back.

"Awh, I love you, too," he cooed. "See you in a minute. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up before I heard a knocking at my door. I figured it was Brendon, so I put all those years in drama club to use.

"Come in," I called in the best tired voice I could muster. Brendon walked in and his eyes wondered to my bare-chested-ness.

"Hey," he said, walking over to my bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Kind of sleepy," I replied, yawning. "I might take another nap."

"Alright," he said uncertainly, then leaned down and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Have sweet dreams my little angel." Brendon walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I wondered what was up with him with the kiss on the cheek instead of the lips and the drawn out 'alright'. I almost felt guilty about ditching him for Daniel, considering the events of the past few days, but I quickly overcame the guilt and whipped out my laptop.