My Eyes Are Up Here, Tyler

*Ryan's POV*

The second Brendon left the house, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hi, Kitty-Cat," Daniel said. "Can you get on Skype?"

I took the phone away from my ear and looked at the time. 4:32. I still had time. "Yeah," I said. "I'll be on in a minute. But it's got to be quick. I'll tell you why in a minute."

I could hear him pout through the phone. "Fine," he sighed. The smile came back to his voice. "See you in a minute. I love you."

I glanced around the room at the other guys. I walked halfway up the stairs before saying, "I love you, too. Bye."

"Bye," he said and hung up.

I walked up the rest of the stairs and to my room. I closed my door behind me and grabbed my laptop from my desk. I turned it on as I sat on my bed and elevated my arm. I logged on and Daniel sent a video chat request before I could even get to my friend list. I accepted and his smiling face appeared on my screen.

"Hey, Kitty-Cat," he said.

I smiled back. "Hi."

"How are you doing?" he asked. "Is your arm feeling any better?"

"Um, yeah, my arm feels fine," I said. "How are you?"

"I'm good," he said. "I'd be better if we could chat longer, but..."

"Yeah, but I have a good reason for it," I said. "I have a date tonight."

"Ooh, really? With Brandon, right?"

"Uh, it's Brendon."

"Oh, yeah, right. Sorry."

"It's ok."

"So, where's he taking you?"

"I don't know. He wouldn't tell me."

"Alright. A surprise?" he asked. I wasn't completely sure, but he looked like he was jealous.

"Yeah," I said. "I'm really excited and nervous about it."

"Well, I don't want to make you late for it. Have fun. Be safe. Bye." He logged off before I could say anything.

"Bye," I said. I got up and put my laptop back on my desk before walking into my closet. I picked out my nicest pair of jeans and my favorite Blink 182 t-shirt and changed into them in my closet. I looked at myself in the mirror I had in there once I finished. My outfit needed something. A jacket. A leather jacket. Pete's leather jacket.

I walked out of my closet and down the stairs to the kitchen where Pete was cooking dinner. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and looked at me.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Can I borrow your leather jacket?" I asked.

He snickered. "Which one?"

I tilted my head and gave a confused look. "The one you always wear."

"I wear lots of jackets lots of times," he said before walking over to a closet just outside of the kitchen. He pointed to the door. "What do you think is in this closet?"

"Uh, I dunno. It's just a miscellaneous closet, right?"

"Nope." He opened the door. "This closet is dedicated to all of my leather jackets."

"Whoa," I said. I took a step closer and reached my hand out to touch them. "There are so many."

"Yeah, I kind of collect them." He pulled the door open the rest of the way and stood next to me. "Now let's see if we can find one that fits you." He searched through his jackets for a while before pulling one out. "This is the largest one I have." He held it out to me. "Try it on."