Chapter 18

" Spend time with people who know how to use their days well.
Just as iron sharpens iron.
Positive people will inspire you to be positive.. "

********************************************

"You know what I'm happy about the most today?" I said aloud as we drove over to the venue.

"That your girlfriend will be sitting right next to you all day.." I heard Dean as we sat opposite them in the hired car  and I smiled as I clutched her hand in mine.

"Yes , you know I love the fans but repeating the exact same thing can be a pain in the ass .." I shook my head while briefly glancing out of the tinted windows.

"But with me by your side doing the exact same thing it won't be?" She spoke as her gaze was on me.

"Well..." I was cut off as I heard the song playing.

"Oh man you have to put that louder! Represent in this car"

My eyes shot to Dean  as did everyone else's  in the car.

"Hey I know how to sound cool" he shrugged and Renee rolled her eyes as Robyn giggled and I just wanted to forget I heard it .

"Come on Mr Driver put louder, we need to get this party started !" Dean reached over from the back and turned the music louder and began singing like crazy ...

Now I'm Four Five Seconds from wildin'
And we got three more days 'til Friday
I'm just tryna make it back home by Monday mornin'...

"Come on Man its your girls song you have to sing along!" Dean shouted out as Renee began singing and I shook my head as I smiled at my two friends.

I heard Kanye's part come in and Renee did a solo on it as Dean pretended to be Paul McCartney I guess and play guitar .

Woke up an optimist
Sun was shinin', I'm positive
Then I heard you was talkin' trash
Hold me back, I'm 'bout to spaz

I couldn't stop laughing as while they sang loudly for the hook  now she was lip syncing and slipped Dean's shades on to try and get into hip hop star mode I guess...

I heard Rihanna laughing, "I thought you were a fan Joe!"

She leaned in and whispered.

"I am but..."

"Come on Rihanna you have to grace us with your beautiful voice" Renee smiled.

I turned as she smiled and I wasn't sure if she was going to do it but she did..

As they swayed to the music and knocked their feet.

And I know that you're up tonight
Thinkin' how could I be so selfish?
But you called 'bout a thousand times
Wondering where I've been

Now I know that you're up tonight
Thinkin' how could I be so reckless?
But I just can't apologize
I hope you can..

She stopped singing and turned her attention to me.

"Come on baby boy.."

I sighed.

If I go to jail tonight
Promise you'll pay my bail
See they want to buy my pride
But that just ain't up for sale

I didn't want to know how horrible  I sounded but we were having fun , I heard her join in with me..

See all of my kindness
Is taken for weakness...