Chapter 80

"You said you loved me babeThen you played your gameA game that I know all to well nowWell I use to buy your linesBut it's time for me to sail now

Then you played your game
A game that I know all to well now
Well I use to buy your lines
But it's time for me to sail now.."

****************************************************************

DEAN POV

"So explain to me again why when after my live event on Sunday I tuned in to be the supportive brotha you know and absolutely adore. There was no Roman Reigns at all or Rusev. I mean I was five minutes late from when you said you would be fighting but I know while you tear shit down you ain't that fast" he laughed dryly as he laced up his boots.

I had just showered despite the fact that we would be going out after Smackdown for a dark match , we still had about half hour before the show ended so I figured why not. Gave me less time to sit in an unusual awkward silence with my buddy.

I mean I was always the more talkative one between us but the fact that something had clearly happened over two weeks ago and he hadn't bothered telling me was annoying me. I had been covering with the gang as Seth and the usos said he had been on his own while they were touring all week.

"Maybe because you didn't tell me you were losing at Backlash?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Look, today is the first time we are seeing each other after you let me know what your thoughts were with Rob..."

"Forget about anything I said that night." He snapped and finished up his boots.

"Bu.."

"So why did you lose your title?" He asked and I rolled my eyes at him changing the subject but sighed as I sat back.

"Who knows. You know how these things go, they call you in. Tell you what's going down, apparently they're setting up John to get the title to make history. You should be happy you lost it when you did." I voiced.

"Why is that?"

"Because that way you don't feel like a total failure when they call you in saying they have had enough of seeing you as the face of Smackdown" I shrugged not really wanting to talk about it when he was having his own problems but I knew despite that he would give me the talk I needed.