Make me perfect

• Dedicated to My friend who is staying strong. *Anonymous*

Cut

Cut

Cut

I sit there, a small part of me screams pain but I shut it out. I like it. The blood spills like a waterfall, then running down my arm like a river until the red river meets the clear ocean making a pink swirl in the water. I drain the bath tub water, grab my black, fluffy towel and tie it around my horrendous torso. I sigh, and look at the blooming purple and blue bruises on my arms and legs. I don't bother looking at the rest of my body, I know it's much worse. I reach for the brush and gasp in sudden pain. I look at my back and I stare at it shocked. From my hip to my shoulder blade I have a enormous cut which is still gushing blood. Damn, this will need stitches. I quickly dress myself trying not to grunt in pain. My whole body hurts, and now have a major headache. How the hell am I going to make up a story for it! He just went to far this time.

Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself, I'm a werewolf. I live with my father, who has been abusing me since I was eight. That's when my mom died trying to save me from a pack of rogues. You have to understand that I was a very curious pup, and while my mom was trying to calm many women and pups, like a Luna should, I went to the fighting land. I was just a kid who hadn't even shifted, yet who had some scent of power around me, I am the Alpha's daughter. I guess one of the rogues picked up my scent and was about to attack me when my mother put herself before me. They both died, but so did my father, who took care of me and thought of me as his little princess. He blamed me for his mate's death and for his problems.

I went to the pack doctor and just lifted my sweatshirt over my head. He sighed and shook his head. He is the only one who doesn't blame me and has tended my wounds. I would be dead by now if it weren't for him.

"When will Alpha realize he's wrong?" Matt asked for like the thousandth time.

"I doubt it. He won't stop till I'm dead. I wouldn't even mind," I told him. He stopped and took a deep breath. Matt got up and grabbed my face, "Never Artemis. Never say that. You have so much to live for, an-" he stopped and looked at my wrists.

I quickly grab my sleeves to pull them down more, but he had seen my precious secret. I looked at the wall behind him, knowing he was going to start.

"WHAT THE HELL? WHY? WHEN?" Matt yelled shocked and raging.

"Why? Because my life is hell. When? Since I was around eleven," I told him nonchalantly. His nostrils flared, and I swear I saw smoke coming out.

"You will stop, Artemis. It's not healthy, and you have everything to live for. Your mate for example," Matt talked through clenched teeth.

"Dad said I wouldn't have a mate, and if I did that my mate would reject me," I replied tears forming and running down my cheeks like streams.

"He won't reject you, and you have a mate. If he does and he mates another, you could lose your wolf," Matt informed me, yet there was something wrong with his expression.

"I haven't shifted yet though and I never heard that we could lose our wolves if we were to be rejected. But tomorrow I shift because it's my birthday. Yay!" I muttered sarcastically.

Matt stared at me and bit his lip as if he was trying to keep a secret from spilling out. All of a sudden I had a pain in my lower abdomen. I screamed in agony. Matt stopped for a second and realized what was happening. He carried me outside placing me on the soft, green grass then stepped to the side.

The world went black and I grabbed my head trying to block out all the noises attacking my ears. A bone popped out of my socket as I reached for it the other twisted in the wrong direction. Then I was on fire. A thousand matches brought to my skin at once, burning it until the tissues were numb from the pain. All of a sudden my blood felt like it was being frozen in my veins; I was on fire again instead it was my body that was so cold it felt like the burning was back.