Chapter Twenty-Two

I woke up to Jason talking on the phone. I rubbed sleep from my eyes and tried to stand up. I fell on my face.... Jason picked me up with one hand and set me on the bed. He finished his conversation and hung up.

"Why in the world would you try to stand up when you can't put pressure on your foot?" Jason demanded.

"I forgot," I said and he smiled at me.

"What am I going to do with you?"

"Is Kyle here yet?"

"No..."

"Oh I'll go call him," I started to reach for the phone.

"No, um. The refugees came in this morning. He's with your dad," Jason stopped me.

I sucked in a breath. Moonlight Pack doesn't exist anymore. They are completely off the map. Jason watched me worridley.

"I'm fine it's just surreal that they don't exist."

"They deserved it," Jason responded icily.

I glared at him and bit my lip so I wouldn't snap something I'd regret later.

"Anyway that was your dad. They called because Kyle felt pain in your bond. I told them what happened. Warning is that your mom's on her way and she doesn't sound happy," Jason tried not to smile.

I groaned and placed my head in my hands. I just know I was going to get chewed up. Jason wrapped his arms around me.

"Remember no extreme stuff today. Take a shower first I need to go see how the refugees are coming together. I have to put them in the other pack house," Jason let me go and stood up.

"How many pack houses do you have?"

"Well I have two, this one is just for my warriors, family, beta, and my third in command."

I nodded and grabbed a summer dress, a bra and underwear, and my towels. I didn't take all my stuff apparently. I took a quick shower and went downstairs. I crept slowly to the living room where my mom was. My mom was standing there arms crossed and she was tapping her foot. Crap, I am sooo dead.

"Hi momma!" I said cheerfully.

"Artemis Alianiea Veremontez. I told you it was dangerous. But of course you didn't listen to me. Escucha! Do you hear me? Never do that again. And why didn't you use your powers? Oh that's right, you just forgot. Well I could forget that I'm your mom and I'm a well mannered person, and slap some sense into you. Me entiendes? A la otra te voy a pegar, y te voy a enseñar a ser lo que te diga! I am your mother listen to me when I tell you it's dangerous, I don't care if your eighteen!" my mother screeched.

I stood their with my mouth a gape. What the hell did she say?

"I have no idea what you said and I'm not eighteen," I told her.

"Yeah you are. Artemis it's already February," my mom stared.

"No, I was born 1997," I gave her a blank look.

"1996. They probably told you and Kyle something different," my mom shook her head. "Ryan is coming to help you and Kyle fight and learn to control your powers. He'll help you control your wiccan side."

"Kyle needs to fight it too," I added.

"He was born the twenty second and you were born on the winter solstice. If he was born first he would fight it. But he wasn't you were," my mom sat down.

"That's so not fair!" I exclaimed.

What the heck? I have to fight this thing, save the race, rule a race, and try to maintain my relationship. That's just so much. My mom saw my face and patted the seat next to her.

"You won't do it on your own, you have your dad, Kyle, me and Jason. We'll be right besides you," my mom rubbed my arm and kissed my forehead.

"Is Ryan staying here?" I asked after a moment.

"Yes, he's going to train you and Kyle for three to four hours a day," my mom responded.

Kyle burst through the door and looks at me. He smiles a little,

"He's waiting for us outside. Time to start using those powers of yours."

"Bet I can kick your ass," I laugh standing up.

"You can try," Kyle smirks.

I roll my eyes and walk outside to see Ryan. Let me tell you I was expecting an old guy, or at least my dad's age, but I was definitely not expecting this.