Chapter Eleven

I woke up to Jason snoring. I looked at the alarm clock. It read 5:56 a.m. Crap! I can't believe I slept so long. I hop out of bed and went downstairs. Where was the kitchen?  I heard noise on the left and followed it. Maybe that's where the kitchen is. I saw Kyle eating cereal.

      "Kyle? Why are you awake at this time?"

      "Oh hi! Why are you awake?"

      "I usually wake up earlier."

      "Well I got hungry, so...." I laughed and looked for ingredients to start breakfast.

      "Kyle, can you give me a tour of the kitchen?" Kyle nodded and showed me from the pots to the the spoons in the drawer. I began to take out everything to make pancakes from scratch. I decided to make regular, chocolate chip, blueberry, peanut butter and banana, and oatmeal. As the pancakes cooked, I got out the eggs and potatoes. I decided to make hash browns and scrambled eggs. I hummed as I finished the eggs, pancakes, and hash browns. I cut up all the fruit I could find and then started to make coffee. I remembered bacon and ham, so I cooked that as well. I then made sugar, oatmeal, and chocolate chip cookies. This was the usual in my pack at home. Crap! I forgot the waffles. I finished cooking and set everything up like a buffet. I looked up to see almost the whole pack there.

       "Dang Artemis, you're a really good cook," Kyle said stuffing his face.

       "Pack this is your Luna, Artemis." Hello's and Hi's chorused through the room.

        "Enjoy your breakfast," I smiled. The guys immediately started to get in line.

        "Hey, ladies first. You too Kyle," they all groaned and impatiently waited for all the girls to get fruit and juice.

        "What the hell is this?" Jason asked as he came down the stairs.

        "Luna makes some bombass pancakes. Dude you're so lucky to have a mate who can cook," a guy told Jason. And was then smacked by a girl, that I am assuming was his mate. I laughed and told him to call me Artemis.

        "What time did you wake up?" Jason stared at me.

        "Pretty late. Around 5:35," I responded looking confused.

        "That is not late, it's super early!" I shrugged and served him a little bit of everything. I handed him the plate.

        "Thanks, aren't you eating anything?"

        "No, I'm not really hungry." Jason gave me a look like he didn't believe me. I gave him I am telling the truth look. He sighed and took his plate to his room. Jason beckoned me to follow him.

        "Eat," Jason demanded.

        "Not. Hungry." I said slowly, and sat on the bed.

        "Artemis tell me everything that happened. Don't leave a detail out. And so I did, everything since I was captured. Except the cutting or the name calling. Jason got so angry that he bent the fork in a metal mush ball.

        "You will not leave without at least two bodyguards. Don't argue with me please."

        "Jason, I want my privacy. I don't want two people following me."

        "Okay then three people. But I won't go through that again, I can't."

        "Fine, can one of the guards be Kyle?"

        "No."

        "Why not?"

        "He will get distracted and not be able to protect you."