Chapter Fifteen

A few weeks later

I had gotten better. I ate and that was definitely a start. I was learning to love myself. But my body couldn't handle more than eight hundred calories. I loved to eat fruit and oatmeal. They were light on my stomach. Everyone was helping set up everything for Lily 's party tomorrow. Kyle spent his days in the basement working out. I was waiting for him yo come with me to the woods, away from this craziness.

        "I'm ready, let's go." We walked out the back.

        "How are you handling all this?" I asked after about ten minutes of walking in silence.

        "I'm dealing. I'm just anxious and really scared to see if she does reject me. I certainly hope not."

        "I hope she sees how great you are. And if she does reject you, then we will always be enemies because your my brother."

        "Kyle, have you told your parents?"

        "Oh they died a few years ago. I'm adopted you know." I stopped shocked. I didn't know he was adopted. Kyle gasped and fell to his knees.

        "KYLE! What's wrong? HELP!" I yelled panicked.

        "Burning. Body...fire,"Kyle grunted. I heard popping and I knew he was shifting.

        "Kyle relax. You're shifting, and it will be easier if you just try to relax. The pain will go away in a few more seconds," I stated calmly. A few seconds later a white wolf was standing in front of me. But a white wolf? Only royal blood can be white wolves. Omg, Kyle was my long lost twin! He is actually my brother and I'm older than him. Kyle whined and pushed his head on my leg.

        "You want to go for a run?" I asked. He nodded and I shrugged. We both shot for the water fall and hunted together. Once our wolves had their fill we jogged back to the pack house. Jason was talking to a guy in a red shirt. I trotted to him and launched myself at him. He laughed and fell down. His face soon twisted to confusion seeing the other white wolf. Jason went in the house and brought a pair of shorts and a long t shirt. I took both and handed the shorts to Kyle. We both changed behind the trees.

       "Kyle? Can you believe it?" Kyle shook his head and hugged me. I looked at our wrist and saw halves of a paw print. They fit together like a puzzle piece.

       "It explains why we have similar features and close birthdays," Kyle said.

       "I'm still older."

       "You're  still my baby sister!" Kyle called running behind me.

       "Wow! Slow down, Kyle?"Jason stopped us.

       "I'm the other white wolf. And I am also Artemis twin."

       "Congrats dude."

       "Thanks, but you have to convince me that you deserve my sister. I now, have a right to keep her away from you. I still don't think you at  treating her like she deserves. She deserves to be treated like a princess, because she is one," Kyle said with all seriousness.

        "Of course."

I jumped extremely happy that I found my brother. If he shares my powers he definitely can protect Lily.

       "We even have the same mark on our hind leg in wolf form," I smiled. We walked in the pack house. By dinner everyone heard that Kyle was a royal and my brother. Everyone congratulated him. They decided to watch a horror movie and I tagged along. I screamed my lungs out but I got tired quickly. I fell asleep on Jason and he pulled me closer to him.