Chapter Seven

Ethan's POV

"Aw, well look at the two siblings. They definitely gotten attached to each other in the time I left you two. It is a shame it won't last, since I plan to kill Artemis after she bears me an heir and finishes giving me all the power to rule," I shrug and grab her chin to make her face me then I smile sinisterly. She is absolutely gorgeous but so broken and pathetic. The proof is in looking at her. Lines of the cuts she made upon herself by her hand and also the hands of her pack. There were also burned marks as if a hot iron or scorching hot water was pressed against her skin. The intention was obviously to cause agony and leave behind cicatrix of that torment, so when she looked at those disfigurements she'll remember the suffering. But she won't ever be weak when she rules with me, I'll make sure of that.

"Let Artemis go. She doesn't even have any powers at all because i'm the only one that has them. She deserves to not be kept captive," Chris fakes to seethe with vexation. He is one of my ultimate guards and does a remarkable job of convincing Artemis that he is her brother. Deciding to play along with his plan, I gradually preambulate my way to him. I crouch to look directly into his eyes before striking him across his face with so much intensity that his chin hits against the concrete conjuring a deafening smack. 

"Get up you worthless bastard. You know what I hate? I hate when people think I'm stupid and liars. Liars think they are so clever in trying to deceive me with their undeveloped plans. Do you think I'm stupid, Chris?" I snarl loudly, my voice ricocheting from the walls. Chris shakes his head vigorously while balling his hands into fists and clenching his teeth.  

"I know she has powers. I could kill you, in fact I'll do it now," I hissed. I grabbed him by the throat and shoved him against the wall, once, twice, three times. He groaned, but I wasn't finished. I punched him repeatedly in the face and stomach. He fell to the floor, then I started to kick his sides. I almost shifted into my wolf, when Artemis screamed and threw herself at me.

"Stop! I'll do anything, just leave him alone," she cried desperately. I looked at her, calculatingly.

" Fine, I'll let him live. But remember you promised anything. I need a Luna at my side to rule with me, when we take over. By the end of the week you will be marked and mated. See you later my little mate," with that I left her weeping behind me.

Artemis POV

" Chris? I'm sorry you got hurt because of me, you shouldn't have even tried!" I almost screamed at him. I closed my eyes, trying to calm down.

"Ow, it's okay. For now we need to get you out. You can't use your powers, but if we try to combine them we might get out," Chris tried to tell me. I could see he was exhausted, and couldn't right now.

"You have to rest, I'll watch over you and try to make a plan. I'm sure you'll heal over night," I wanted to sound confident. He murmured something under his breath and yawned. In less than a minute he was out. I sighed, feeling all this stress on me. I have to protect my brother at all costs and get us out. I started to shake, and the walls seemed to close in on me. I can't do this, I started to shake. What is going on with me? I tried to put my head between my knees, but that made pain appear in my lower abdomen. I closed my eyes tight, and curled my hands around my waist. I felt something cold trickle down my spine. I opened my eyes, and gasped. All of my elements were let loose. Fire was swirling all over the place, as if in a mad craze. Water and air formed wind shield, but they all didn't even close in on each other. I felt power surge down my spine and into my hand. Instantly I raised it to the door. BOOM! The door had a hole in the middle and smoke was coming out of it. I stared at my hand in shock.

Hurry, take your brother and go. They'll find out soon what happened.

Who is this? I asked in my head while trying to clutch Chris by his waist. I stood up and staggered at his weight on mine. I am weak, from not feeding myself and my down pours.

I'm Artemis, and I came to help you escape. Imagine carrying Chris and his weight will lighten like a feather. You are strong, use your mind

I'm weak, but I'll try. For my brother I'll try. I imagined carrying Chris and he started to hover about an inch from the ground. We went through the hole. I ran and Chris was right with me. I still held him. Wolves surrounded us from all angles, I closed my mind and ordered, "Water, push them through the glass door!" I didn't wait to see if they moved, I just ran. I shot fire at several wolves and created tornadoes to rip the limbs off of the rogue pack. I had finally made it through the door, when I saw Ethan run to us with two guys at his flank.