Chapter Twenty-Three

He was very tall and handsome. Strong narrow nose and well formed chin. High cheek bones with light pink lips. He had hazel eyes framed by long brown eyelashes. He was dirty blondish, sort of bronze. He looked like he belonged in California. Ryan had accented arm muscle and he wasn't even flexing.

        "I'm going to freshen up and I'll be back in about ten minutes to start are lesson. Would that be fine for you both?" Ryan asked.

He has an accent. Oh dear Lord. Remember Jason, focus. Haz- Jason! Jason's hot really hot. I'd say they had the same amount of hotness. Well Ryan did have that accent, I wonder if

        "ARTEMIS! Jeez, I've been calling you for three minutes," Kyle shook me. I looked at Ryan's amused smile and rolled my eyes.

        "Sorry, spaced out," I said lamely. Ryan and Kyle laughed. They both walked inside leaving me to wait for them.

        "So I heard you talked to Jason," my dad began.

        "He's my mate dad, get over it," I sighed.

        "When I'm dead," my dad retorted.

        "Not that far away old man. What are you like, fifty? I can see the gray hairs," I teased.

My dad's face was horrified and he practically ran inside.Probably to see if I was serious.

        "I swear you two are the same," my mom shook her head and followed him inside.

Kyle and Ryan returned. He made us stand straight for a few minutes. Ryan walked around assessing us both.

        "You have been trained and know how to fight without powers," he stated to Kyle.

        "Yeah, we start to train around here when we are nine," Kyle assured him.

        "But not you," Ryan continued.

I narrowed my eyes. What's that suppose to mean? Was he implying I was weak? I threw water at him. Ryan chuckles wiping his face.

        "I'll have you know I killed a rogue yesterday," I glare.

        "Then he must've been weak," Ryan states dismissively. "We are going to start with your telekinesis Kyle. C'mon."

I sat on the floor watching Kyle work his ass off to move a big rock. They went at it for about thirty minutes. Ryan tried different angles but nothing seemed to work.

        "Imagine if someone was attacking your sister. They have a gun to her head. She's losing oxygen and is slowly dying. Try to imagine this rock as the gun or that man hurting your sister." Kyle clenches his fists and more sweat pours down his face. I start to get lifted. I giggle and Kyle opens his eyes.

         "Well at least we know you can pick up things bigger than a rock," Ryan says.

         "I wouldn't say she's bigger than this rock," Kyle sets me down.

         "Go practice lift everything you can," Ryan orders. Kyle does as he says and spares me a grin.

         "You on the other hand, your powers are triggered by anger," Ryan tells me.

         "Duh," I reply. All of a sudden I'm on the ground.

That bastard pushed me! I get up angrily and try to slap him. But he quickly dodges it. Ryan goes up to Kyle and punches him. Right then my mom comes out and he grabs her by the throat choking her. Kyle is still in shock. I scream and imagine fire burning his face off. I close my eyes, all of a sudden someone tanks me.

         "Enough! You're going to kill him," my dad says.

         "This was planned so we could trigger your emotions. I think it worked well," my mom grins.

Ryan gets up coughing and pink. He walks to the pack house, I think practice is over.

         "We need to tell you guys that we need to leave in three days. You two need to learn to rule the race and train for the war," my dad informs us when we sit in the living room.

I give Kyle a look, and I can see he already thought about this. But how could I leave Jason.

          "I'll go with you there's nothing keeping me here," Kyle answers.

          "Not even after this," Lily walks down the stairs. Kyle a eyes turn icy.

          "I have to tell you all something. It's very urgent. But please try to understand why I did the things I did," Lily bites her lip and plays with the hem of her blouse.

          "Remember when I turned sixteen I had my first heat?" She asked Kyle.

          "Yes, I was actually seventeen. That was when I found out we were mates," Kyle nods.

          "I got pregnant. I thought you wouldn't want him because you never talked to me after. So I told my parents and we left for New York. You all thought I was leaving for camp. Before I gave birth, a rogue attack came about. I was captured by Ethan and his son. They let me give birth and took my baby from my hands. I never got to hold him or even see him," Lily 's voice cracks. I gasp and Kyle swallows hard.

          "You took my baby way from me?" Kyle's voice was sharp as a knife.

          "I know I should've told you. But I am stupid and I was so scared. They said if I said anything they would kill Alagan. They sent me some photos, three actually. If I wanted my baby alive I had to kill Jason. Only when I came back, Artemis cam along after a few months. They called me saying I had to kill her instead. I lured you outside to get you caught. They knew exactly where you were because of me. I'm so sorry but I wanted my baby. Since I didn't complete the task, they all raped me the night you went on your date. Ethan's not in charged but his son is. Kyle, you didn't feel it because I was forced to reject you. I know I caused you pain and I'm sorry. It's been about four months, he's four months. I just want to hold him in my arms like I was suppose to. I called them saying I would bring you two in a abandoned house. They would exchange my baby for you. But of course it's a plan. I was hoping you would help me get Alagan back," Lily falls to the floor and sobs rack her body.

I lean towards her. She didn't deserve this pain, she should've said something but then her baby was at risk.

        "Of course I'm getting my son. And he will be in my custody. You can hold him until I leave for Spain. But he is mine and I don't want you anywhere near him. You are an unfit mother," Kyle snaps.

Lily tries to stand and go to him but ends up fainting on me. I glare at Kyle. How could he be so cruel.

       "She had no choice Kyle. I would do the same thing to protect my baby. They ripped Alagan out of her hands and killed her father. She was forced to reject you, don't cause her more pain."

        "Yes son. The poor girl has been through enough," my mother helps me place Lily on the couch. Kyle sighs and nods.

        "We have to plan everything for next week," I tell my dad.

        "Already has been planned," my dad was all business.

He already considered Lily and her baby as family. I really do understand Lily. I would've killed a whole school for my baby. I can't blame her. Because I know I would be willing to kill Kyle and Jason and myself if I were her. But for now I will get my nephew back.