Chapter Eighteen

It's been two days since we saw our parents through the necklace. Jason and I haven't really talked and honestly, we didn't have a reason to be mad at each other. I think that we need to let Kyle and Lily solve it, but it won't stop me from glaring at her. Jason and I both wanted to protect our siblings. I decided to apologize to Jason. I searched for him all around the pack house and I couldn't find him. I went out to the back and froze only tracks. Jason was giving a pretty girl about our age a white rose. She smiled and whispered into his ear. Whatever she said Jason grinned and nodded, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear. She giggled and walked past me to the pack house. Jason stared at me and began to say something. I shook my head and blinked back tears. I knew he wasn't going to change, but I hoped. And he honestly did fool me. Jason grabbed my hand and wrenched me to him.

       "Artemis it really isn't how it seems," He started. I put my hand up.

      "Save it. You and your sister are selfish. I thought you were really changing, but you will never change your player ways. I deserve better than this," I stated frostily.

I retreated to Kyle's room and began to sob. He was probably looking for another mate and Luna, one that was not broken. Screw him, I wasn't broken anymore but stronger than ever. This is the last time Jason Williams, this is the last time you fool me.

       "Artemis! Guess what?" Kyle came in excited.

       "What?" I wiped my tears trying to be subtle about it.

       "I have a date tonight. She has blonde hair and pretty sky blue eyes."

I couldn't help but think of Jason's ocean blue eyes. Stop! I can't think about him. If Kyle has the strength to move on then I will too. Kyle sat next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I gave him a confused look.

       "I could feel your sadness. That's why I came home so fast. But I got caught up telling you about the date. Now tell me, what's wrong?"

       "I was searching for Jason to apologize about how I was acting. I mean we both didn't have a reason to be mad at each other. It wasn't his fault his stupid sister rejected you. But when I saw him outside with a girl who I've never seen before. I-I don't know, but it hurt. He swore he would never want another girl. But I knew I shouldn't believe him, and yet I did. I was an idiot. And when he asked me about giving him a chance, I told him I didn't know if I could," I told him in a soft whisper. Kyle hugged me and kept telling me I was going to be okay. He was also trying to calm himself I realized when he began to take deep breaths.

      "I'm trying not to kill him right now. But I know that won't help, well maybe it will," Kyle said with all seriousness. I giggled and shook my head.

       "So what are you going to do on your date?" I changed the subject.

       "I'm thinking taking her near the waterfall and having a picnic with candles. I really just want to know about her," Kyle described.

       "That's so romantic and cute. I want to help you with the food," I said while we were walking down to the kitchen. We heard a growl from the top of the stairs. We both looked back and saw Lily clenching her teeth.

       "Aw it's too late to get him back honey. He's over you.

O-V-E-R, over," I smirked and began walking again.

Kyle chuckled nervously and followed. I chopped some fruit while Kyle got some sandwiches ready. I made some fudge brownies and cookies for them. I also placed in assortment of cheeses and some Mexican hot chocolate. When Kyle left for his date, I decided to watch Nemo. The movie was in half way when a girl walked in. And that girl was the one who Jason was flirting with.

      "Hi, I'm Andrea." I nodded and continued to watch the movie. 

      "I just wanted to tell you that I didn't know that Jason and you were mates. My pack was attacked by rogues and I'm the only one that survived. I just got here today, I'm so sorry I really am," she tried again.

I sighed and read her mind looking for anything that would give her away. I am able to see her memories and tell that she wasn't lying.

      "Its okay. We weren't really together. You want to watch Nemo with me?" I asked nicely. Andrea nodded and sat down. Kyle barged in when the movie ended.

       "I hate her so much!" Kyle yelled. it took me a while to realize he meant Lily.

      "Why?" I raised an eyebrow. Andrea shifted uncomfortable in her seat.

      "She had sex with her boyfriend and ruined my date."

When your mate has intercourse with someone else you feel unbearable pain.

     "I tried to act like nothing bothered me, but I ended up fainting. I woke up at her house and drove here. She completely ruined my chances," Kyle snarled. But I had a feeling that it was not about Lily ruining his date.

       "Did your mate reject you?" Andrea asked suddenly. Kyle nodded.  "Mine did too."

I looked at her shocked. They began talking and I saw Kyle flirting with her. That was my cue to leave. I got up and left. They didn't even notice.