Chapter Twenty

After my therapy I decided to go to the library to think. It was next to the screening room. My therapist says I'm getting better. I just need to keep going for about five months. Just to make sure I'm actually recovering. I sat down on a bean bag and thought about my parents would they think I was a freak or an idiot. I grabbed the closest book next to me. Jane Eyre. I was really into the story when I heard the door open. I saw Jason walk in snatched some files from the desk and grabbed about four books. He set them on a table and froze when he saw me. He coughed and sat down. I was not going to leave because I was here first. It was really awkward. The flipping of pages filled the silence.

      "Do you think we will ever be the mates we both need and deserve?" Jason broke the silence.

      "I don't know. But I know that I can't talk about this right now," I responded after some time.

      "Then when Artemis? I'm tired of you saying you don't want to talk about us. I'll admit I was wrong, but what am I suppose to do? Wait for you forever? I can do that, my pack needs a Luna. I need someone who actually wants to be with me. I heard what you told Kyle a few weeks ago. You didn't know if you even wanted me as a mate. I decided that I needed to move on like Kyle with Lily. I will always love you, but it's just not fair for my wolf to be suffering. I'll man up and say I was fucking wrong. I know how much I hurt you. And I am sorry for the pain I caused you. But I won't chase after someone who doesn't acknowledge how much I care for them. All you see are my mistakes and not all the times I've helped, loved, and cared for you. I never judged you on your problems. Instead I helped you, but you keep pointing out my faults. You don't see how much you put me through. You were too selfish to see. And you know what? I am important and I do deserve to be happy. You need to realize that I hurt too Artemis, I hurt too," Jason got up and slammed the door.

I blinked away tears. He was right I did hurt him. But my parents were my top priority.

You don't get it do you? When will he ever be your first priority. He's not the only one suffering. I need my mate and you don't even care

Fleur I-

Save it. I don't need your explanations

She blocked me and I sat there shocked. All I've been doing is hurting them. I didn't know, I swear I didn't.

      "We need to go see mom and dad at the inn," Kyle walked in.

I placed the book back and walked to the car. The ride to the inn was silent. I was getting nervous and felt like I was going to puke.

      "Your nerves are attacking me like knives. Calm down," Kyle interrupted my thinking.

      "Sorry. I am so scared of what they'll think of me. What do you think they'll think or say?"

      "They'll think your strong for overcoming all this. They'll love you even more. You want to know how I know?" I nodded.

      "Because you are the strongest person I know. You always try to be better. And you'll make mistakes along the way, but you fix them. I know because I love you and when you told me I loved you even more, I didn't know it was possible. And there is nothing in the world that would make me think other wise."

Kyle parked and got out.

I stayed and hoped Kyle didn't notice I wasn't following him. But with my luck he opened my door and picked me up and put me over his shoulder. While Kyle was finding out what room our parents were in I tried to escape quietly. He grabbed my hand at the last second and picked me up again. Kyle knocked on my parents door, and my dad opened it.

       "Hi. Where's mom?" Kyle asked setting me on the bed.

       "She's in the shower. She'll be out in a second."

       "No, I'm right here," my mom corrected.

All three of them stared at me expectantly.

       "Hi, how ya doing? It's a nice day. The weather is really great, don't ya think? Ha, ha welp this has been fun," I shot them an innocent smile.

Kyle rolled his eyes and my dad shook his head. I began to tell them everything. When I started to get abused, Henry getting a new Luna who made my life worse as impossible as it seems. And of course almost drowning from Alex pushing me in, almost getting raped by a warrior, not getting fed, them sticking their cigarette butts on my skin, carving their initials on my body, all the abuse, everything. When I was done my mother and I were crying together. My dad smashed a table and mirror; Kyle the t.v. Kyle only knew a bit of what happened but not all of it.

      "I'll kill them all. I'll burn their pack tonight," my dad planned.

      "The children!" my mother protested horrified.

      "Will die. They would have grown up to hate her."

      "I don't care. They are young and should not pay for Henry's mistake," my mom argued.

      "Dad let it be. He can't hurt me anymore. I'm strong enough to deal and try to get better from all this harm. But I've gotten over it. No matter what you can't go into a massacre over me," I added furiously.

      "I can't let it go. They hurt what was mine. I protect my own.  He knew what Vanessa was and her duty. He accepted you when he accepted her. But I'll make you a deal, I won't kill the children below fourteen," my dad yelled and grabbed his phone. "Ryan get all the warriors near Virgina ready. We have to demolish a pack tonight."

      "Mom, can't you stop this?" Kyle asked.

      "No when he is too stubborn. He is right when he says he will protect his own."

      "Will they come?" I whispered.

       "Yes, they're stationed everywhere. And I mean everywhere in this world."

       "The children will join Jason's pack and he has no say I am king," my dad said abruptly.

       "I'll call him," Kyle left for the door.

It was also his pack. He is beta. I glared at my dad.

       "Glare all you want it won't change anything," he barked.

I huffed and followed Kyle in the hallway.

       "Are you seriously happy about this? Whatever just be ready?" Kyle hung up. We stood in silence.

       "I think dad and Jason are right. They deserve it for all the pain they caused you," Kyle said after a moment.

       "I don't care. I don't want war over me," I stated harshly.

       "We don't always get what we want," Kyle muttered and went back inside.

I sank to the floor and put my face between my hands. What have I done?