Chapter Nineteen

I woke up remembering that my parents were coming today. I discretely went to Jason's room and fort some of my stuff. I decided to wear a blue blouse, blue flats, and  ripped, faded jeans. I took a shower and applied some makeup. I let my hair down and brushed it. I didn't want to do anything with it. It's naturally straight. Kyle came in and handed me a bowl of fruit. He then took out some clothes.

      "Thanks, are you exited to see our parents today?"

      "Yeah."

      "I'll wait outside until you have showered and dressed."

I sat on the porch waiting for Kyle. He came out and quietly sat next to me. We both waited anxiously for them to arrive. While we waited Jason came outside and smiled sadly at us. Kyle glared at him. Jason began to walk into the woods. He was probably going for a run.

      "He loves you, you know," Kyle said unexpectedly.

      " Are you trying to tell me to forgive him?"

      "No. But you both needed to talk about your relationship."

      "There is no relationship, there never was."

      "Not to be an ass, but you don't have a right to be mad. Well, technically you don't. If you guys weren't in a relationship then why are you mad?"

      "He promised he wouldn't be with another girl."

      "Artemis, Jason won't wait forever for you. He has to move on, like me with Lily. Trying to at least."

I guess Kyle had a point. I pushed Jason away. We weren't in a relationship. When Jason wanted to talk about us I didn't want to. So it was partially my fault. A black Ferrari parked in front of us. A woman with light brown hair with natural golden highlights and grey eyes walked out. She is my mother. A man wrapped his arm around her waist. I immediately knew he was our dad. With his black hair and green eyes. We took that from him. They both had sun kissed skin. I took my mother's face structure and features. A small nose, almond shape eyes, high cheekbones and ruby, red lips. Kyle took after my dad. He had a strong chin and narrow nose. My mother let out a strangled cry and hugged us both tight. Then our father hugged us with tears in his eyes.

      "You don't know how long I've waited to see you both," my mother choked out.

      "Ehh about fourteen, fifteen years," Kyle estimated. My dad laughed and my mother smiled hugging him again.

Smart ass. I mind linked to him.

I know

We all walked in the pack house, because my mom wanted to know all about our lives so far.

      "I think Kyle should go first. Youngest to oldest," I volunteered him.

      "By a few minutes," Kyle protested. We all waited patiently.

      "Fine. I had a fairly good childhood. I thought I was adopted. I became beta because my not biological father was beta. I had a younger sister who died of an eating disorder," Kyle stopped there giving me a look, then he continued. "My parents died a year later in a rogue attack. Almost everyone dies in those. But they died making me the next beta," He finished. He left out the part of Lily, but then again I am not telling them about Jason.

       "I, on the other hand, didn't have such a good life. At first I did but everything changed when I was six. Vanessa died protecting me from well a maniac. After that Henry and the rest of the pack treated me like crap. Henry re married because he didn't want to give up position as Alpha. I was captured, then saved. Met Kyle we figured out we were twins. That's it," I rushed.

I was skimming. Kyle gave me reproachful look. I knew he wanted to tell them about my problems. But they would judge me, and what if they don't want me as a daughter anymore? And that's when Jason decided to grace us with his presence. He stared at my parents then at us. No doubt he was making the connection.

      "Hello, I'm Jason Alpha of the Dark knight pack," Jason introduced himself.

      "Hello, I am king of well the whole shifting race. This is my mate and queen," My dad said ignoring Jason's hand. My mother shook it instead, receiving a growl from my dad. My mother gave him a look that shut him right up.

      "Bye! No one cares who you are, so leave you asshole," I finally spoke after a long silence. My mother slapped my hand and I pouted rubbing where she hit.

       "Hey don't hit her, she's just saying what she thinks of him. I meant I don't like you," My dad said nonchalantly.

       "You are on my land. Remember that I'm one of the biggest packs," Jason snarled.

       "Remember that I'm king, and you will not disrespect me."

Both of them glared at each other. I giggled and of course they started at me like I'm crazy.

      "Calm down. All of you," Kyle ordered.

      "Do you know Artemis, Jason?" my mom asked. I groaned and pleaded that he won't say we are mates.

      "Yes, actually. With us being mates and all," Jason said smugly staring directly at my dad.

      "Why didn't you tell you had a mate?" my mother demanded.

      "Because I don't have one."

      "What?" My dad asked confused.

      "He cheated on me, saved me, then flirted with another girl."

      "That doesn't mean you have to cuss at him," my mom scolded.

There was a crack, a groan followed right after. I turned to see my dad looking innocently at us and Jason setting his broken nose right. He also had a cut on his lip, but it healed quickly.

      "Demetrio!" my mom yelled. Kyle gwauffed and I started to chuckle.

      "What? He deserved it," My dad whined.

      "Anyways, Artemis it's almost time for your therapy," Jason said and left soon after.

      "Therapy? For what reason do you need therapy?" Both of my parents asked. I smiled and sat on the floor. I put my head in between my knees and breathed deeply.

      "For her eating disorder and self harm problems," Kyle answered them. I turned to scowl and he gave a shrug.

      "I see," my dad said. My mom swallowed hard and hugged us while my dad continued. "Come see us at Sunshine Inn after your therapy. It seems we still have a lot to talk about and the abuse you said has to be described."

      "We will," Kyle responded.

They left quickly. I know they were going to ask a whole bunch if questions. But I was so scared if what they would think. Kyle opened his arms and I immediately jumped into his arms. He never judged me.

Neither did Jason..... my wolf murmured. I didn't answer because I knew she was right.