Twenty-one

"Mom are you okay?" I asked tentatively. She nodded and gave me a hug.

       "This will all be over soon," she whispers.

       "So that's it? We can't stop this massacre?"

       "I'm afraid not." I gnashed my teeth together.

       "Where's Kyle?" I managed to say.

       "With your dad. He told me about Lily," my mom said. I was surprised. Kyle and I didn't really like to talk about painful stuff.

       "Do you want to tell me about Jason?"

I considered this, she is my mom and give me advice on what I should do. I told her about what Jason told me today, how met, the pain when he mated another girl, him helping me, and all the things he did. Everything.

       "I was in your situation similar to this with your dad. When it comes to mates it's about each other. Love is patient and kind. It is not jealous or boastful. It is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way. It is not irritable or resentful. It doesn't rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bear all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never ends. That's in the Bible, my favorite passage, Corinthians 13: 4 -8. Remember you don't find love by yourself, but with another person. Don't hold his sister's mistakes over his head. Jason sounds like he did everything for you, even help you and didn't judge you," mom smiled at me.

I considered her words. I guess it was time Jason and I talked about what we need from each other. I needed to apologize.

       "I need to go fix things with Jason," I stood up.

       "How are you going to go?"

       "I'll walk."

       "No way. It is way to dangerous. What if something happens to you? Nope. I can't let you walk by yourself. You are going to get hurt," my mom protested.

        "Mom, I'll be fine. I just need to do this."

The look on her face said she did not agree. I sighed and hugged her. I left and was close by the pack house, when a rogue came out of nowhere. It lunged and snapped his teeth at me. I shifted and we circled assessing many ways to kill one another. I threw myself at him, but he expected that and flung me to a tree. I pooped my leg out of place. I limped and then bit a chunk of his shoulder. He whined, then slashed my side. He jumped aiming to my throat but left his neck exposed. I took the opportunity to snap his neck with my teeth. I dragged the wolf to the pack house. I shifted and tried to yell, but my voice was hoarse. A few minutes later Jason ran outside. He immediately picked me up and pulled his shirt over my head.

       "What happened?" Jason asked taking me to the pack doctor.

       "Rogue attacked me and I killed him," I murmured, resting my head on his shoulder.

       "Why didn't you use your powers?"

I blinked and groaned, while Jason laughed shaking his head.

       "I forgot and I don't think I can call them on command."

       "Don't do that again. If you see a rogue run the other direction."

       "I can take care of myself."

       " Yeah? How did that work out for you?"

       "I brought the rogue to you so you can identify it. He was pretty strong, I think he was in a pack. A rogue pack," I gave him a knowing look.