Chapter Five

Artemis POV

       I woke up and rubbed my eyes. Something was wrong. Everything looked like you're seeing through a glass of water. The walls were all blurry and I couldn't feel my wolf. I looked over to my right trying to see Christian. Ethan had let Christian stay with me in this cell, claiming it was to conserve cell space. I know that is definitely not the case, but I'm not complaining of spending quality time with my brother. Pretty soon we'll break out of here.

       "Christian, please wake up," I groaned out. He didn't wake up and was still sleeping on the floor snoring softly. I shook him hard still trying to wake him up. But this time I was successful.

       "What?! What? Uhh, what's wrong Miz?" Christian asked rubbing his eyes.

       "I don't know, I woke up feeling really sick," I moaned out clutching my stomach. Christian watched me lay on the floor trying to relieve some of the pain, then glanced at the cell door.

       "Does everything look all blurry?" Christian asked quietly. I nodded and turned on my side.

       "Artemis that's your seeker side trying to take over. Fight it Artemis, think of your wolf. The color she is, how she communicates with you, and how it feels to shift," Christian informed me. I tried thinking of her and all of our conversations. The pain slowly started to recede, and I felt my wolf take its place.

-I'm back baby

Fleur! I missed you so much

-you can't get rid of me that easily!

You know it

I smiled and cut off the communication. Through all this Fleur kept me strong and she gave me hope. She was that voice giving me hope, when I hadn't shifted yet.

       "Christian is it over?" I croaked and tried to clear my voice.

       "No, it will happen about a couple more times. You need to fight through it. The seeker in you will want to take over and destroy your wolf. You can't let it win, Artemis, you just can't," Christian practically begged.

       "I'll try not to let it win. But it hurts so much, but I will fight the seeker," I tried to muster up all the courage I could. But how could I? I was still weak. The girl who self-harms and looked at her fat body in disgust, wishes she weren't alive. How can I save the world when it seems I can't even save myself.

       "Hey, Miz you have to learn to tap into your powers and control them," Christian interrupted my thoughts.

       "How? I don't even know how to tap into them. I didn't even know I had them," I stated boldly.

       "Okay, I'll try to help you. Do you see that water bottle? Well, close your eyes and try to move it with the element air. Just take out a strong emotion and place it on the water bottle, it should be able to work," Christian guided me. I closed my eyes and felt all the pain I had been through on the bottle, then I thought of air lifting it and taking it across the room. I opened my eyes and found the water bottle in the same place. I sighed and grumbled under my breath.

       "Okay, just breathe in and out, and try to concentrate more...Feel the emotion let it all go on the bottle. I can see you hesitate, don't. If you do, it just won't work," Christian instructed once again. I let out a long breath and did what I was told. I remembered everything I've been through, and all the pain I felt. I opened my eyes and found it about a feet away from me to my left. I looked at Christian with excitement.

       "Good, but we need to keep practicing until it takes no effort. Sometimes you'll feel very frustrated, but remember to keep trying," Christian praised. I nodded and the rest of the day I continued to do this. Element air was one of the easiest and then we'll move on to harder ones. But at night fall I was completely exhausted. I once called it and it made a tornado around me. Christian said he had never seen it do that. I think it's really cool and useful. Christian said if I kept this determination I could control my powers in about two weeks. He had learned to do this all by himself. If he could do it, then so can I. If I do learn to control all of my powers, I will be able to get Christian and I out of this hell. That meant I had to be strong, no more miss weak girl. And that had already began to feel like a challenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: I know the chapters are really short and I'm trying to make them longer. I just have Midterms and I've been studying like crazy. I have Chapter Six, but I'll try to post some during spring break. It's a fairly long chapter. You get to see what Artemis has been through all her life. Anyways, I just wanted to add this. But vote, comment, and share please!