Chapter Six

Artemis POV

       "Hey sis, wake up," Christian shook me awake. I grunted, rolled on my side and fell asleep again, well tried.

       "Fine, I guess we can't practice your Royal powers," Christian sighed loudly. I opened one eye and grinned, "I'm up!"

Christian laughed and held my arm. I flinched, even though I'm a werewolf who self harms, doesn't mean I'm not smart. The cuts haven't healed yet because I always add silver to the razor, so it can scar, not heal as quickly and hurt a lot more. Christian raised an eyebrow, and took my arm. I knew what he was about to do and tried to yank my arm away from him. Tried. Even though he's been here practically his whole life, he is very strong.

       "No Christian, please," I begged, still trying to yank my arm. He ignored my pleas and started to gently pull up the sleeve, but before he looked at my arm, he glanced up at my eyes. I caught my breath as he looked down.

       "Oh goddess," Christian gasped and traced his fingers over the cuts. I looked down in embarrassment that he had to see that his sister is a freak, who self harms, and needs help.

       "Artemis why? I just...." Christian trailed off and looked away with tears in his eyes. He couldn't even look at me, but I wouldn't blame him. I am so damn worthless. I just had to cut myself to know that I bleed and feel like everyone else. I tried taking the emotional pain and inflict it onto myself. I needed to see it, the pain. I shrugged and kept my eyes down trying to hold back tears of my own.

       "No, you do know why. I want to know who was the bastard who made my sister resolve into cutting,"Christian snarled and clenched his fists. But it seemed too forced.

       "No one," I whispered and cursed internally because I just sucked at lying.

       "Stop, don't tell me lies. Who did it Artemis? I'm not joking," Christian hissed out, his eyes still the same color. That was surprising, since it's suppose to change depending on our mood.

       "My old pack, um, abused me," I said simply as if it was no big deal.

        "What did your old pack do?" Christian stopped to look at me.

        "Oh, I um, ran away?" I said, but it sounded like a question.

        "Okay, fine, I shifted in another territory and my mate was there. He didn't let me go, so I ran," I tried to avoid his question. I hoped he had bought that, but he just kneeled before me and started into my eyes, " You know the perks of being twins is feel each others emotions. So start telling me everything from the beginning and don't leave a detail out."

       "My pack was cruel and vicious. They absolutely hated me, since Vanessa died. I was unique and everyone treated me like extravagant treasure. But that changed in one night. All of a sudden I was moved into the attic that was stuffy and dull. The worst part was that it had no window and if you spread your arms out, you can touch the walls. At age seven I was forced to learn to cook. The pack cook was kind at teaching me, but she did nothing when I was punished. The worst punishment I had that year, was when a pack member burned my hand on the stove. He just held it there until blood started to flow. I was never allowed to join the kids who frolicked outside. Everyone treated me worse than the omegas, and they said I was lucky they didn't kick me out. I remember when I was seven I accidentally dropped the Luna's breakfast, and I was punished by getting whipped ten times. They would whip me at least once a week, and when I was lucky I went two whole weeks without them hurting me enormously. By the time I was ten, the omegas had to teach me to do the laundry and iron them. The first time I ironed, I burned a shirt right through. It was a packs warrior, he grabbed the iron and pressed it to my cheek. The members didn't care, and gave me even more work. The Luna had a daughter who was just monstrous. She claimed that I gave her dirty looks and that I stole from her, when I had to clean the rooms. The Alpha punished me by plunging a dagger in my shoulder and dragging it down to my him bone. I was just eleven that time. They also had a son who was sixteen when I turned fourteen, and obviously he was becoming Alpha. They had a party and they even gave me some cake. But some teens around my age forced me to throw it up and eat it again, saying that I deserved everything I got, because I was worthless and pathetic. The next day they found out that I self harmed and laughed saying they didn't expect anything less. I just loved the pain and wanted attention. They wanted to "help" me, so the started to cut me up. On my back, stomach, and legs. When they were done, they dragged me to the lake and threw me hard. I was never taught how to swim, so I fought against the water. They enjoyed my struggles and just left me there. I barley made it out, with the help of the Alpha's son. He never talked to me or hurt me, but he didn't help either. He just pulled me to a tree, sat me there, and walked away without a word. My "father" would beat me everyday,drunk, and blame me for killing Vanessa. I couldn't take it, so the cutting got worse and worse. I was only fed twice a week and allowed to bathe three times with cold water. They didn't allow me to sit on the couch, I sat on the floor. But I got used to it. Many things happened in between but those are one of the things programmed in my memory," I finished sobbing into Christian's shirt.

After a few minutes I stopped crying, and started to hiccup. Chris traced my scars, "Some are still fresh."

I nodded and stared at the wall, I really didn't want to tell him that Jason hurt me. He would find a  way to kill him.

       "You want to elaborate?" Chris questioned, with his eyebrows raised.

       "Not really," I grumbled and straightened my back. I looked at Chris and he sat there, glaring at me.

       "Okay, my mate cheated on me. Happy?" I quickly said, scooting away from him subconsciously. The tension could be cut with a knife.

       "Fine, don't tell me. I'm not worthy of knowing, apparently," Chris finally said, hurt. I keep hurting everyone. No matter how hard I try not to.

       "I had shifted in another pack's territory. I guess the Alpha, my mate, was running patrols. He grabbed me and started to sing my neck. I ran from him, and he howled his pain. Not even seven minutes later, I felt him mate someone else. I almost lost my wolf because of him," I explained, sadly.

       "Artemis Elena Stonemick, I will never leave your side until you stop believing what your old pack told you. I will see that you never hurt yourself again and learn to control your powers. Thanks to your wolf, she was able to heal most of the scars and manage to still keep you alive. If you hurt yourself and when, not if I find out, I will never talk to you again," Chris threatened, his eyes darkening.

       " I'll try to stay strong, I want to be. I am going to have to save the world. How can I be weak, when others are depending on me? I swear to learn everything I can, and never give up. I am a fighter. With your help Chris, I'll be perfect, that is if you want to help me," I asked strongly.

       " Of course I do, I will teach you all I know so you're prepared," Chris nodded his head furiously.

       " Then make me perfect, Chris, make me perfect," I stated boldly, the old Miz is gone. Because I killed her.