Chapter Twenty- Four

"Dad, I'm going and there is nothing you can do about it," I glared at my dad.

        "You can get hurt. I am not going to let my baby girl onto a fighting land. Do you understand?" My dad equally glares at me.

My mom and Kyle were laughing at us fight. I guess I resembled my dad a lot and Kyle my mom.

        "Of course I understand. See, I told you Kyle he just doesn't want to let you go," I smirk.

        "This is serious," my dad says exasperated.

        "As serious as your white hairs old man. I'm going and that's final. Deal with it," I yell.

        "I am, because your not going," my dad screams at me.

        "I wasn't asking for your permission," I walk away and go get ready for tonight.

I am not letting them go and me having to stay wondering what's going on. I will go get my little nephew. I pull on some black jeans and my converse. I pull on a navy sweatshirt and tie my hair into a bun.

        "You can't go!" Jason opens my door with a slam.

        "Hello to you too," I respond calmly.

        "I am not going to let you get hurt. I just can't bear that," Jason shakes me gently.

        "You can come if you want. But listen to me, I am going. I am tired of people telling me what to do, I will do what I want!" I yell and walk out.

I find Kyle and pull him to the couch. I hug him and I lay my head on my shoulder.

         "Your not going to yell at me for going, right?" I ask.

         "No. If you want to go I'm not stopping you," Kyle rubs my arm.

We sit there for hours just talking. It feels good to just have him here supporting me. I honestly feel like Kyle and I will never leave each other. We are definitely going to help each other out and will support each other in anything. I see my dad and Ryan trying to leave quietly.

         "Lets go Kyle. It's time to get my nephew," I help Kyle up.  My dad scowls and picks me up. I bite his hand and run to the car, strapping myself in.

         "You'll get hurt. I can't let my princess go," my dad thunders and tries to pull me out.

I hug my belt and hold on to the handle in the car as my dad tries to get me out.

          "Dad we're just wasting time let's go!" Kyle yells in desperation.

My dad grumbles and gets in. He scowls all the way there. I grin glad I got my way. Then I wipe the smile off my face remembering what we're about to face.

The warriors are all dressed in black; they resemble SWAT uniform. It's almost graceful how they get out and disappear around the woods surveying the scene. When it's all clear they nod at my dad.

Ryan starts to give signals and the warriors get in closer. You can't even hear their steps. Just the whistling of the wind andthe rustle of leaves.

          "There are twenty inside and ten in the trees. There are thirty waiting more outside around us and trying to circle us in. They knew that Artemis was coming, and they are trying to kill her alongside her brother," Ryan states angrily buy calmly at my dad.

Ryan hands me a gun, and to be honest I'm not a fan of them. So that means I don't have a clue how to use it.

          "I would normally suggest using your powers but you can't control them that well, so this is the best we can do," Ryan instructs on how to use it. I manage to learn the basics.