49 - Electricutioner

#49 - Electrocutioner
First Appearance: Detective Comics #644 (May 1992)

"Yeah, Aint it cool "Speedy"?" ~Electrocutioner

Another villain who graduated from the Batman villain stable to the big leagues, Electrocutioner has actually had several guys under the mask, but the third one (Lester) is the one who has had the msot appearances, somewhere in the 50-60 range. A lot of people are familiar with him as the loser who gets ONE PUNCHED by Batman in Penguin's boat in Arkham Origins, but I think it's a disservice to the character to assume that's all he should be remembered for. In fact, the entire sequence of Batman shocking Bane's heart back to life comes from a great Electrocutioner story where Electrocutioner kills Batman and Robin forces him to defibrillate the Dark Knight; great stuff, that really put Lester in the majors for me.

Electrocutioner is a low-level villain with great design and the ability to play with others, and for me that makes him a great threat; when villains unite, the results are always unique team-ups that force heroes to find new problem-solving skills. The Electrocutioner may not be an instantly summoned character, but his uses all over the place - from his time as Blockbuster's lieutenant to his run ins with Spoiler and Robin to his run on the Suicide Squad to his tangles with the JLA alongside other villains have really put him up there in the threat department. And, while the end of Cry for Justice was awful, Electrocutioner definitely earned himself a major rep boost by killing Arsenal's daughter and blowing up most of Star City.

Greatest Electrocutioner Story Ever Told:Detective Comics #644-645 - "Electric City" - The quintessential Electrocutioner story, E-man proves that despite his lack of reputation, he still can take down the Bat.