[15] love is not easy

"Yoongi hyung," Jimin calls, with a soft voice, as soon as the door was opened. He's a little disappointed because he thought staying late outside would cause Yoongi to worry about him and call him over the phone to ask where he is and fetch him, but none of those happened. None, that's what he thinks. "I'm sorry."

"Tell that to my ass."

Jimin enlightens a little because finally the tension is a little loose that Yoongi had managed to joke around.

"You want me to fuck you?" Jimin jokes back. "That's my way of saying everything to you." He was replied with silence again and he makes a face. Maybe it isn't a nice joke after all. "You don't love me. I'm telling mom."

Yoongi raises his eyebrows as Jimin calls their mother through the phone. "Stop, Jimin. She's asleep." He gets up to snatch the phone away but he's too late, their mom has answered the call.

"Mom, hyung said he hates me.

"Yes, I'm crying.

"He keeps on ignoring me. You don't tolerate that kind of behaviour, right?

"Here, talk to him."

Jimin gives his phone to Yoongi, and Yoongi made a fist in front of his face.

"Yes?

"No, that's not true. He's acting like a baby.

"He's at fault, he's annoying me.

"Oh, come on! Not my car!

"You don't know him, mom. I'm telling you.

"It's just-

"Ugh, whatever. I'm hanging up."

Yoongi ends the call and continues watching rap battles on his laptop, ignoring Jimin whining over not being able to wish his mom goodnight.

"You are such a kid. Shut up, you're disturbing me."

"Did she tell you she'll confiscate your car?"

"No, she told me she'll smash it. As if I'm letting my baby near her."

"You dick, I'm doing it." Jimin stands up to get their baseball bat placed inside their bedroom, muttering lowly: so he loves that car more than me. "No one can stop me, I'm telling you."

"Jimin, you don't wanna do that," Yoongi warns the younger, but the kid still insists on smashing the car broken. "You shit, come back here!" Yoongi chases him to the bedroom, adrenaline rushing out. The car was a gift to him from his favourite uncle who passed away just two years ago. It's a very special belonging. He grabs Jimin by the collar, unamused expression contouring his pale face. "What did you say, huh?"

"I'm smashing your car."

"You're really trying me, aren't you?"

Glares were sent to Jimin and he's somewhat scared as Yoongi pushes him harshly to the wall, as he looks into a pair of dark eyes as his hair was being gripped on.

No, Yoongi has never gone this far before.

"I was kidding," out of breath Jimin states, now staring at anything but Yoongi's eyes, and he just wants to escape the hands holding him too tight, too hurtful. "I'm sorry."

Jimin feels scared, and at the same time, he's too bruised by the way he's being looked upon. He doesn't know now what to say as tears just started to form in his eyes. Never has Yoongi acted out to him like this. He has never held him like this.

But his voice is too warm so how could it complement him?

"Why are you crying?"

Jimin chews on his bottom lip to warm it up, unfreeze it, and keep it from shaking. I was a couple of seconds before he finally answers, "You don't love me."

"Have I ever said it before?"

Frankly, no.

And that's what is Jimin is worried about.

He's too scared of that fact.

"I don't know your deal with it, Jimin. I have never really said I love you back, haven't I?"

Jimin looks into Yoongi's eyes, afraid of what's more to slip past the latter's lips. He was met by a cold stare and the former words hurt him so much more than the look in his eyes.

He started sobbing, his chest feels like being pounded on, his head hanging low as he slowly wipes his tears away.

Very slowly, take the reality in.

He wished he has never joked around in the first place, then this wouldn't have happened.

"Okay." It was a whisper again, but slowly fading, slowly dying. "I'm sorry."

Yoongi lets go of him, like he's being set free. Well, if you were to let go of, what will you do? As for Jimin, he decided to walk away. Slowly, but there's no turning back.

Too much drama in one day and it's all my fault, Jimin thinks.

Jimin isn't turning back, not until the other would want him back, not until he felt a hand that got intertwined with his, and not until the other spoke did he decide to turn around and face this man who's managed to make him feel complete despite being all broken-like the pieces of jigsaw puzzle together stucked in a box.

"Don't you wanna hear me out to the very end?"

No, Jimin doesn't want to hear more ear-deafening truth from him, but what is our ears for? What is the truth for?

There was a very long pause before Yoongi speaks again, saying the line Jimin wishes is completely true.

"I love you too, Jimin."