[41] all a misunderstanding

[jjg]

I opened my locker to see a blue note inside that someone surely just slipped through the thin holes.

"Who could be giving me a letter now?"

I read what's written and it just says: after your last subject at the back gate i'll be waiting.

I fixed my hair before shutting my locker close and heading to the back gates of the university. Just by looking at the back of the man, I know who it is.

"What is it?"

Taehyung hyung turns to me with a frown. "What do you mean what is it?"

"I mean you called me over here."

"No, I didn't."

"You're not the one who wrote the letter?"

He rolls his eyes then starts walking away from me. He wouldn't be standing here if he isn't waiting for anyone. I pulled him back forcefully. I really hate it when people turn their back on me.

"I know it's you. Stop denying. What do you want?"

"This is a set-up, Jeongguk! I got the letter too, okay?"

Oblivious of my actions, I didn't realize I'm gripping too tight on his wrist. Just by hearing him yell at me without any reason makes me tear up. He had never yelled at me before.

His expression suddenly softens after staring at my face.

"I'll bring you home. Come on."

"Go your own way. I can head home myself."

But he still insists into bringing me home by pulling the bag off of my shoulder. I'm just letting him for now so I started following him.

"Seems like you've forgotten we're on the same village."

That hit me. I did forget. "Sorry."

Taehyung hyung laughs. And his laugh was something I really missed. "Sorry for what?"

"It was a mistake." I gaze at him to see his reaction, but there is none. "About yesterday. Nothing's going on between us."

He shrugs. "Why would I mind if you guys do? I mean, you could do whatever you want."

"Then why did you run off?"

Am I assuming he left so sudden because he was hurt to see us?

If I could just laugh then I'd be laughing at my own stupidity. Of course he wouldn't mind. He's gotten over me and that's final.

"I was embarrassed," is what he says.

It's like the world has completely faded into black and I'm seeing nothing but feeling everything.

I force a laugh. "Thanks for bringing me home." Time flies so fast with him and now I know I should start accepting that we would never be like before. This moment will pass and I'll start moving on once I got inside.

But he asks me, "Can I come in?"

"Why?" My voice is starting to break and I just want to lock myself up inside my room now. This day feels so tiring, like I have done too much and he has done too much to make me feel everything I never wanted.

"I want to."

I open the gates and he slips inside. "It would be late any moment. You should go home." I turn the keys to open my door, but again he follows inside. "Hyung, I'm tired. I'll be heading to sleep soon."

Pretend.

I'm pretending to be sleepy, rubbing my eyes just to wipe off the tears threatening to fall.